28th January 2018, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to apply for UGC NET and by when should I apply?

I'm pursuing MCA first year. Can I apply for UGC NET conducted by CBSE? If yes, what is the last date of submitting application form? What is the charges?

Related Questions:
31st January 2018, 03:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to apply for UGC NET and by when should I apply?

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. Now, it is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. Candidates who have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for exam. You can apply for NET exam in final year of Master of Computer Application.

You can not apply for exam at present. You should ensure that you must score at least 55% marks in Master of Computer Application. The application form for general category candidate is Rs 600 rupees.
31st January 2018, 03:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to apply for UGC NET and by when should I apply?

No, you are not eligible to apply for NET examination while pursuing in the first year of the master degree.

The eligibility to apply for examination is that candidate must have passed or in the final year of a master degree. Candidate must have scored minimum 55% in master degree.

There is no upper age limit to appear for recruitment as an assistant professor while for JRF it is 19-28 years.

The application fee costs Rs 600, Rs 300 and Rs 150 for GEN, OBC, and SC/ST respectively.

There application form is not available now.
31st January 2018, 03:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Now, UGC NET is called CBSE NET. CBSE conducts this exam in June and December every year for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. You can not apply for CBSE NET exam while pursuing first year of Master of Computer Application.

Candidates who have done master's degree with minimum of 55% marks can apply for NET exam. The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for lectureship.
31st January 2018, 05:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for NET examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidates in the final semester of master degree are also eligible to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for an examination. The application fee costs Rs 600 for general category candidates and relaxation for reserved category.
31st January 2018, 06:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam:

1. You must be post graduation passed or pursuing final year of master's degree.

2. Minimum of 55% marks in post graduation is required.

You can not apply for NET exam in first year of Master of Computer Application.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship. The application fee is Rs 600 for general category candidates.
31st January 2018, 06:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam:

1. Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply.

2. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

The last date to apply for UGC NET exam in July, 2018 is 6th April, 2018. But MCA first year candidates can not apply for UGC NET exam.
31st January 2018, 07:32 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

CBSE UGC NET Exam Fee:-

General - Rs. 1000/-
OBC - Rs. 500/-
SC/ST/PWD - Rs. 250/-

Availability of Detailed Notification - 01 February 2018
Online Application - 06 March 2018 to 05 April 2018
Application Fee Last Date - 06 April 2018

Eligibility Criteria are:-
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in their Master's degree (in streams such as Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications etc.) are eligible for UGC NET.

Candidates whoa re appearing in the final year examination of Master's degree are also eligible.

Age Limit:-
Junior Research Fellowship - not more than 30 years
Assistant Professor - no age limit
31st January 2018, 09:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, first year candidates are not eligible to appear for UGC NET examination.

For appearing in NET examination, you must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidates in final year are eligible to appear for examination. The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination is 55%.

There is no upper age limit for lecturer post.

The examination is conducted by CBSE under the guidance of UGC. The application fee will be available online and the cost is Rs 600 for general category. There is relaxation in fee for reserved category.
31st January 2018, 09:28 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and same examination is held by CBSE on the behalf of UGC twice every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in UGC NET are as here under ;-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying under 28 years for joining JRFs. There is no age limit for the post of assistant professor. Also there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates in case of JRFs.

* You must have either completed your Master degree course with at least 55% marks or must be in the final year of same degree from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So being a first year candidate of MCA degree you are not eligible for appearing in NET at present but once you enter in the final year of your MCA degree you can appear in NET.

For more queries associated with NET you can visit its official link i.e; www.cbsenet.nic.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?