23rd February 2010, 08:22 PM
somya

What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

eligibility criteria for cds? also i want to know about its syllabus?

24th February 2010, 08:55 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

age- for Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1981 and not later than 1st July, 1986 only are eligible.

educational qualifications-

For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy- Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy -B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy -Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
24th February 2010, 09:34 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

for applying to cds exam you should be an graduate in any field in india and also meet the physical standards,
the syllabus is same as general paper of ias exam
you can contact coaching centres like officers academy for more information
24th February 2010, 12:25 PM
sarita.lohiya25

eligibility for CDS

You must be an Indian citizen

you should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university

age should be 21-30 years

syllabus:

1. English
2. Arithmetic
3. Algebra
4. Trigonometry
5. Mensuration
24th February 2010, 12:46 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
the minimum educational qualification for the CDS examination is graduation in any of the subject.

and if you want to know about the syllabus of cds then you can download it from the websites
www.upsc.gov.in
o k
all the best.
19th March 2010, 02:32 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for cds examination are as follows-

Educational Qualification

Degree from a recognized University. B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics OR Bachelor of Engineering.Degree from a recognized university (with physics & mathematic at10+2 level) OR Bachelor of Engineering Degree from a recognized University.

Physical Standards..........Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations specified in the Commission’s Notification for Examination published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar. For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
20th March 2010, 12:23 PM
Schandfy

Hello

The qualifications for CDS Exam are - one must be a citizen of India(even those from Nepal ya Tibet but with certain conditions can apply),should be unmarried, must be a graduate with a minimum of 60% marks in any of the discipline.Both men & women can apply for Officers Training Academy.

The syllabus for the exam would include General Awareness,History,Maths,Englishetc.

It is easy to crack the exam as I had also appeared for it n succeeded but the only problem was I got married in June (had appeared for the exam on Feb 15,2009),gt my Call Letter for Interview by November.

So ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!GO 4 IT
20th March 2010, 11:51 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
for c d s you must have at least graduation degree,
and you age should be like this
age- for Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1981 and not later than 1st July, 1986 only are eligible.
o k
good luck
30th March 2010, 04:14 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
eligibility criteria for cds exam is :
you must be an undergraduate.
you must be an indian citizn.
your age must lies in between 21-30 yrs.

for syllbus please visit the site official site of upsc.
good luck.
18th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i am doing bca third year
18th April 2010, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

married is eligible or not for cds
18th April 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

under graduate cn gve exaam or not
1st May 2010, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i m under graduate;
can i give cds exam??
i m 3rd year of BE.....
2nd May 2010, 03:13 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,

you can apply for the entrance exam in the 3rd year also......
and then you can also apply again in 4th year,,......

read more at the official website for upsc....

best of luck
2nd May 2010, 03:20 PM
mukuljain007

Combined defence service
Educational Qualifications:
For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.
For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
For Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination.
For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
2nd May 2010, 06:55 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by somya View Post
HI Somya
I think you may get somthing from my answer.
For Officers` Training Academy - SSC (Women Non-Technical) Course: Unmarried women are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January, 1992.

(B) Educational Qualifications:

(i) For Indian Military Academy and Officers` Training Academy:- Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

(ii) For Naval Academy:- B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering.

(iii) For Air Force Academy:- Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

For any other detail like syllabus & date of form you may find their-
Union Public Service Commission Website: www.upsc.gov.in
Good luck
8th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i shall appear in B.A. part 3 in this month. Am i able to apply
13th May 2010, 10:53 AM
brrrravi

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

hi ,friend

elligibility criteria for cds exam are display on below link please it and get information from the given link:

http://www.jobsnresults.com/common-defence-service-cds-exam-eligibility-criteria/

good luck...
14th May 2010, 01:09 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

UPSC CDS Exam 2010 Eligibility

a) Nationality: A candidate must either be:

1. a Citizen of India, or

2. a subject of Bhutan, or

3. a subject of Nepal, or

a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.

b) CDS 2 2010 Exam Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:

For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1987 and not later than 1st July, 1992 only are eligible.

For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1989 (2nd July, 1987 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st July, 1992 only are eligible.

For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st July, 1992 only are eligible.

For Officers Training Academy-(SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd July, 1986 and not later than 1st July, 1992 only are eligible.

For Officers Training Academy-(SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd July, 1985 and not later than 1st July, 1991 only are eligible. or

6. For Officers' Training Academy - (SSC Women Non-Technical Course):

Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1986 and not later than 1st July, 1992.

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months. In such cases a candidate must send in addition to the attested/certified copy of Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate an attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.

Note 1: Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.

Note 2: Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.

Note 3: The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.

c) Educational Qualifications for CDS II 2010 Exam :

* For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

* For Naval Academy : B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (R&R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled:

i) For admission to IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2011.

ii) For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st August, 2011.

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.

Note I: Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination. Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the final year Degree Examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree examination by the prescribed date and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.

Note II: Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admision to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.

Note III: In the event of Air Force candidates being suspended from Flying training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation/Administration/Logistic Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the laid down qualitative requirements (including 60% in graduation).
18th May 2010, 11:00 PM
deepak parmar

Cool Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing bca third year
hai i m doing bca third year ?dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
8th June 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

hello...
i am a student of b.tech cse. i am born in 22 jan 1991. am i elligible for cds 2011.
and what is the criteria for female candidates...
thanks....
12th June 2010, 02:11 AM
sanket mathur

For all the details related to cds eligibility go through this link...
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_defence_services_cds/UPSC-CDS-Exam-I-Eligibility.html
19th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I've just completed class 12 as a science student.I want 2 join the Indian Army.Now,as I'm 18 ,so,I can't sit 4 NDA.
So,can u suggest me what I've 2 do 4 joining the Army.Shall I've 2 complete my graduation b4 joining army?
9th July 2010, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I M GRADUTE from commerce streem...m i eligible to fight cds exam 2010
19th July 2010, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

hi..im a B.TECH 4th student..my aggregate as of now is 54%..
am i eligible for writing CDS exam ?
plz let me know as soon as possible...
24th July 2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I M IN B.TECH 4 YEAR CAN I APPLY
25th July 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

sir iam now pursuing b.s.c final year in dravidian open university iam intrested to write the cds exam .iam eligible or not so pls tell me how to eligible?
28th July 2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

can i give this cds exam iam in fy bca?
28th July 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

iam doing diploma in E&TC t.y .Can i give this cds exam?
29th July 2010, 02:38 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

Quote:
the minimum educational qualification for the CDS examination is graduation in any of the subject so fullfill the criteria and got the achievement
3rd August 2010, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

could you please tell me the physical standards for the women candidates applying for cds??
4th August 2010, 08:20 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

citizenship- indian

health- physical fit in chest, height and no medical problem till date

educational qualifications-
A normal graduate but for following the specification exits
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy- Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy -B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy -Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
6th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

hi,
Is there any age relaxation for Schedule caste to appear for the IMA examination
16th August 2010, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

when willl the exams of cds occur
25th August 2010, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

hi sir.i just want to know dat m doing m bsc from dravidian university..so can i appl for cds...s dravidian university, kuppam,ap..is valid for appling in cds???
1st September 2010, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir.

My application form for CDS( II) 2010 has been rejected.I have completed my post graduation in 2009.So,kindly suggest me what would be the next step.
3rd September 2010, 08:24 PM
tina toms

for cds you should be a graduate in any of the field.and also between the age group 21-30
9th October 2010, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

i'm in b.tech 3rd year.plz tell me the role of women in SSC( women non technical field )
10th October 2010, 04:36 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

Quote:
for becoming eligible for cds exam, you need to do graduation from any field with atleast 60% marks. your age should not be less than 21. the syllabus is same as for ias exam. for other information regarding the exam, you can log on to their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
12th November 2010, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

i have done my SSC in arts ..i am a computer graduate BCA with 60 % aggregate..am i eligible for appearing for CDS exam..plz reply..i had maths in class 12th with psycology, history,english and political science..plz reply soon....arihant mishra...
25th November 2010, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.sc(iT) distance education from p.t.u.tell me can i apply cds exam.
5th January 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i forgot my roll number of examination cds 2 held on sept 4 2010 but now they displayed the result of the exam now i am confused with the result because they displayed only the rollnumbers of the successful candidates ,so please advise me to see the result

yours faithfull raju ganapati rathod
from karnataka
10th January 2011, 11:16 AM
Mohd Umar Afzal

hi sir i m the studnt of B.A.2nd yr m i eligible for CDS and i have N.C.C. "C" certificate in "B" grade so plz tell me is there any relaxation for this elegibility...
14th January 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

HI i am an MBA by qualification and my age is 23, am i eligible for IMA for this year 2011 CDS exam
15th January 2011, 06:45 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
could you please tell me the physical standards for the women candidates applying for cds??
hi,

i have attached the detailed physical criteria. Please read it and analyse yourself.

all the Best..
Attached Files
File Type: doc fe_phy.doc(42.0 KB, 117 views)
15th January 2011, 06:46 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
I M GRADUTE from commerce streem...m i eligible to fight cds exam 2010
Hi,

You can go only for I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

For navy and air force you need to have physics and maths in graduation or Engineering degree.
15th January 2011, 06:49 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
married is eligible or not for cds
Hi,

For Officers Training Academy-(SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried born not earlier than 2nd July, 1986 and not later than 1st July, 1992 only are eligible.
You need to be unmarried for navy and air force.

All the Best..
15th January 2011, 10:40 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI i am an MBA by qualification and my age is 23, am i eligible for IMA for this year 2011 CDS exam
hi...
you are eligible for ima exam this year ,you just need to have an degree of recognized university and also pass the physical fitness test,
you will get all the details at www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
15th January 2011, 10:44 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohd Umar Afzal View Post
hi sir i m the studnt of B.A.2nd yr m i eligible for CDS and i have N.C.C. "C" certificate in "B" grade so plz tell me is there any relaxation for this elegibility...
hi...
you should be in the final year of your degree or already passed to be eligible for the cds exam,
as far as ncc certificate is concerned you will be surely given preference over other students at the time of interview,
you will get all the information in detail at www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
16th January 2011, 12:57 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: What is the eligibility criteria for cds exam?

Quote:
you are eligible for ample of Exams conducted by UPSC for exam

for writing CDSE you must attain 19 years upto the maximum of 24 years for IMA and OTA

Visit :- www.upsc.gov
For more exams which you can write based on the Eligibility criteria.

And pattern consists of
English
G.K
Elementary Mathematics.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?