29th August 2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for National Scholarship, MHRD?

I got 92 percent in Intermediate and presently pursuing my 2nd year. I did not applied for MHRD Scholarship in the 1st year of B.Tech. So, can I apply while I am in the 2nd year of B.Tech? And, what is the amount value of MHRD Scholarship?

31st August 2020, 02:34 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for National Scholarship, MHRD?

Eligibility criteria for National Scholarship, MHRD is following.

This scholarship is open for residents of India between 18 and 25 years of age.

The applicants must have passed their class 12 board examination with at least 60% overall and with a minimum of 60% in English.

Yes, you can apply for scholarship now in 2nd year.

The rate of scholarship towards tuition fee for General Degree courses is Rs. 30,000 per annum, for Engineering course Rs. 1.25 lakh per annum.
31st August 2020, 01:23 PM
ruckshana

Post Re: What is the eligibility criteria for National Scholarship, MHRD?

The MHRD Scholarship is open for residents of India between 18 and 25 years of age. The candidates must have passed their class 12 board examination with at least 60% overall and with a minimum of 60% in English.

The rate of scholarship ranges from Rs. 300 to 1000 per month depending upon the stage/course of study. This scheme is implemented through the State Government/Union Administration.
31st August 2020, 09:01 PM
Arpitdongre

The amount value of scholarship is RS. 10000/- per annum for the first three years and RS. 20,000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year. Yes you can , you required to submit documents such as class 12th mark sheet , income certificate (6lakh per annum).
1st September 2020, 06:10 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Students who are above 80% of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in class XII and pursuing regular course and not get benefit of any other scholarships, are eligible to apply MHRD. The amount of scholarship is Rs. 10,000/- per annum for the first three years and Rs. 20,000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
Apply for every scholarship for which you are eligible to increase your chances of winning a scholarship
One can apply scholarship at the beginning of the academic year.
1st September 2020, 08:57 PM
ruckshana

To apply for the MHRD scholarship, the candidate has to be in the 1st year of the course. Since you are in the 2nd year of the course so you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Amount - Rs. 1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of the course.
Rs. 2000/- per month at Post-Graduation level
Pursuing Professional course - Rs. 2000/- per month in the 4th & 5th Year.
(In an academic year, scholarship would be paid for 10 months)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?