27th June 2017, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to give IIT entrance exam?

Hii Sir/Mam, My name is Reetu. I got 68% in my 12th boards and I am from ISC board. Am I eligible to write JEE advance exam.? Can you please clarify the same? What is the criteria followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification required to do Ph.D in IIT NIT?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission?
  3. Required Eligibility criteria to do LLB course? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this? How to take admission for this course?
  4. Can I study B.Arch in any Architecture College of Goa with NATA scorecard?
  5. Eligibility criteria and syllabus for IIT JAM entrance exam?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria for 3 year LLB course from DU? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this?
  7. Eligibility criteria for getting admission in IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to give the GRE exam right after completion of 12th standard?
  9. How many times can a person give IIT JEE exam? List of top IIT JEE government colleges? Eligibility criteria for IIT JEE and AIEEE?
  10. Eligibility for Ph.D through NET exam?
  11. Eligibility to appear in IIT entrance exam when having an year gap in studies after 11th class? Is it advisable to drop a year for the preparation of IIT?
  12. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  13. How to get admission in B.Arch Correspondence course with 16 years experience?
  14. Is diploma students eligible to appear for IIT entrance exam?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria required to take admission for Ph.D and to give the NET exams?
  17. Am I eligible to give IIT JEE entrance exam with 61.4% score in 12th?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT Delhi if I have completed M.Phil?
28th June 2017, 10:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to give IIT entrance exam?

To get admission in IIT candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of Joint Entrance Examination.

Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT and candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for admission in IIT.

The eligibility to appear for Advanced stage is candidate must have passed the main ( first stage ) of examination and also scored an aggregate in board examination which is in top 20 percentile of 12th board examination.

So, kindly check cut off for your respective board. The maximum number of attempts for Main examination is three while for Advanced stage it is two.
28th June 2017, 11:03 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to give IIT entrance exam?

The required eligibility criteria for IIT entrance exam are given below.

1. Candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a well reputed recognized board.

2. The minimum percentage required is 75% for open category and 65% for SC/ST students.

3. The minimum age of applicants should be 17 years.

If you belong to reserved category candidate then you are eligible for IIT entrance examination otherwise not.
29th June 2017, 09:43 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to write JEE Advance examination directly after completion of your 12th standard form ISC Board.To be eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. You should have appeared, qualified and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination to be eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination. So, if you have appeared, qualified and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination.
29th June 2017, 12:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT candidates have to appear and qualify in Joint Entrance Examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Main.

Advanced.

To appear for Advanced stage candidate must have qualified Main stage ( first stage ) and scored in board examination must be in top 20 percentile of respective board.

For more information about admission in www.jeemain.nic.in.
29th June 2017, 07:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that IIT entrance examination is officially known as JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is held by CBSE and is held in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Further for admission in IITs ( Indian Institute of Technology ) you need to qualify JEE Main and JEE Advanced both and must have following qualifications which are as here under :-

You must hold the nationality of India with your age not exceeding 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 75% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates. Students failing to secure above mentioned aggregate but managing to secure a marks which makes them lie within the top percentile candidate of their respective board of education are also eligible.

So having secured 68% marks in your I.Sc ( Intermediate with Science ) board examination you are eligible for admission in IITs if you satisfy the percentile requirement criteria.

For details regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
29th June 2017, 09:52 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

For JEE advance exam you need to clear JEE mains exam. This exam is conducted for getting admission in IIT, NIIT, IIIT universities. The eligibility required to apply for JEE entrance exam is mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their 10+2 or equivalent education in Maths stream with minimum 75% from any recognized board. There is 10% relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.
- The upper age limit is 25 years, there is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.

If you fulfill the criteria then you can apply, attend & qualify in the exam with a good score then you need to attend for the JEE advance and qualify in the advance exam also then you need to attend for the counseling based on your score in advance exam you will get admission in any university.
30th June 2017, 12:03 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and to get admission in it candidates have to qualify in both stages of JEE examination.

The admission is not offered on the basis of aggregate in board examination only.

Candidates who have passed or appearing for 12th board examination and qualifies in Main examination are eligible for appearing in Advanced examination.

But, it is mandatory to have aggregate in board examination in top 20 percentile of board examination.

So, you have to appear and qualify in Main examination also to appear for Advanced stage and qualify in it for admission in IIT.
30th June 2017, 09:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in IIT entrance examination i.e; JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE for admission in undergraduate technical degree course in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM , etc. and other private engineering colleges.

The same examination is conducted in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Further the required educational qualification for appearing in JEE for admission in CFTIs is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 75% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

Also students managing to lie within top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of examination even not having secured the above mentioned aggregate are also eligible for appearing in JEE.

So having completed your Intermediate with Science with 68% marks you are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced if you either belong to SC/ST or PH category or come within the top 20 percentile candidates of your concerned board of examination.

For more detailed information regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th June 2017, 11:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The admission to Indian Institute of Technology is given on basis of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced. Joint Entrance examination is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidates who have clear JEE Main and are in top 2,20,000 are eligible for JEE Advanced exam.

You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main and clear it to become eligible for JEE Advanced exam. There are two attempts for JEE Advanced exam. First attempt is in year in which you appear for board exam and next in coming year.
30th June 2017, 11:34 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Institute of Technology entrance examination:

1. First requirement is that you must pursue 12th with PCM subjects from any recognized board of India.

Then you need to apply for Joint Entrance Exam Main. This is first stage of exam. Those who clear this stage and are in top 2 lacs candidates of JEE Main are eligible to apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced.

Students who clear JEE Advanced and are in top 5000 rank have good chance of getting admission in desired stream in Indian Institute of Technology located at different places of India.
30th June 2017, 12:51 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

IIT admission is done on the basis of JEE Advanced score.

JEE Advanced Eligibility
- You should be among top 2,20,000 candidates in JEE Main.
- You must have not taken admission in IITs/ISM in past.
- You must have passed (10+2) with PCM group in the academic year 2016-17 or 2015-16. Candidates whose results for academic year 2014-15 declared after June 2015 are also eligible.
- Your age should be between 17 to 25 years on 1st October of the examination year.

JEE Advanced 2017 Important Dates
- JEE Main Exam : 02/04/2017
- JEE Main Result : 27/04/2017
- Registration Starts : 28/04/2017
- Last Date of Registration : 02/05/2017
- Release Admit Card : 10/05/2017
- JEE Advanced Exam : 21/05/2017
- Result Declaration : 11/06/2017
30th June 2017, 01:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

JEE is conducted by CBSE and IIT every year for admission in technical institutes.

Other than 12th std aggregate ( in top 20 percentile ) candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE Main ( first stage ) of examination for appearing in Advanced stage.

So, you cannot appear in Advanced stage without appearing and qualifying in Main stage.

For detail information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?