28th December 2015, 11:37 AM
karanshahu

What else should I do after B.Com in Computer Application to join Indian Air Force?

dear sir,
my name is karan shahu. And I am completing my graduation in Bachelor of Commerce in Computer Application. I want to know what next qualification and courese are required for me... peas tell me...

28th December 2015, 06:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What else should I do after B.Com in Computer Application to join Indian Air Force?

To join Indian Air force one basically has two options, one is through National Defense Academy and other through Combined Defense Services. Both academies are meant for providing education and training to those who are willing to become officer in the Indian defense services.

Also for joining these academy one has to clear their respective entrance examination which are known as NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination. Also both these entrance examinations are held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes written examination and service selection board interview.

Qualifications which you must have to be eligible for these examinations for joining Indian Air force are as mentioned here under :-

* Nationality :- For both these examinations you must have the nationality of India.

* Age limit :- For NDA your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years where as for CDS your age must be within 19 years to 23 years.

* Education :- For NDA you must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group where as for CDS you must have completed your graduation degree course with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering trades from a recognized institute. Students pursuing any equivalent degree course or final year of their respective degree course are also eligible.

* For both the examinations, physical and mental fitness are required for must as per the service requirement norms.

As you are Bachelor of Commerce degree holder so you are not eligible for appearing NDA examination or CDS examination for joining Indian Air Force as one must be a Science stream student for the same.

For more details for the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th December 2015, 09:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What else should I do after B.Com in Computer Application to join Indian Air Force?

No, you are not eligible to join Air Force after pursuing BCA degree from recognised university.

To join Air Force you need to qualify in CDS examination, required eligibility to appear for CDS examination is candidate must have passed bachelor's degree from a recognised university and age between 19-23 years for Air Force. Candidate must have physics and mathematics in graduation to appear for Air Force.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th December 2015, 12:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

One can join Air Force either through NDA or through CDS.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy and
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.
These examinations are conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

For NDA age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For CDS age must be within 19 years to 23 years.

But you are from commerce stream so you are not eligible to appear in this exam as because you are not from science stream. Candidates from science stream are only eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?