19th June 2016, 03:43 PM
Chakshu Vaid

What is the expected marks I would score in the entrance exam?

I solved 92 questions out of 100 questions but 22 out of 92 questions are found wrong, what is my number? What is the expected marks I would score in the entrance exam? Can you please give me the answer on this. Awaiting for the answer soon.

Related Questions:
  1. What will be my expected rank in GATE Exam with a score of 50 for CSE stream? Can I get into IITs with this score?
  2. What score is expected in GRE and TOEFL exam to get admission in USA? -- [New]
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission in Bangalore IIM? How much score is expected in the entrance exam?
  4. How many marks should I score in JEE Main exam to get a seat in NIT Colleges?
  5. What will be my expected rank in ICET with a score of 95 marks? In which colleges I can get admission with this score?
  6. Can I get admission after scoring 55 marks in JEE general category?
  7. How to calculate GATE 2015 score? Expected score having 25.39 marks?
  8. What is the expected cutoff marks of BHU BA and Social Science entrance exam?
  9. Chances in SIMC, Pune with 65.25 score in SNAP? Expected cut-off this year?
  10. Which government medical colleges are expected with a score of 174 in MHT CET?
  11. Expected rank with 320 marks in CUSAT?
  12. Expected rank for a candidate who has scored 80 marks in JEE Main?
  13. What will be my expected rank after scoring 343 marks in engineering entrance?
  14. In which college I will get admission to study B.Tech(CSE) if expected to score 60 marks in JEE Mains and above 75% in 12th CBSE? Expected rank in JEE Mains?
  15. What will be my expected rank after scoring 150 marks in Kerala engineering entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Expected cutoff for M.E in GATE? How much score can I expect with 30 score in GATE
  17. Minimum expected marks or rank required in GATE 2016 for job at PSUs?
  18. What rank can be expected with a score of 125/200 in MUOET
11th April 2018, 04:12 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: What is the expected marks I would score in the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakshu Vaid View Post
I solved 92 questions out of 100 questions but 22 out of 92 questions are found wrong, what is my number? What is the expected marks I would score in the entrance exam? Can you please give me the answer on this. Awaiting for the answer soon.
Your marks in the exam will depend on the marking pattern for the exam you appeared to. If the exam had negative marking for the wrong questions then the marks you obtained by the correct answers gets subtracted by the marks you lost by selecting wrong answers.
Generally,1/4 negative marking scheme is followed by majority of Exam conducting Authorities. Now lets understand this by your case.
If 1/4 negative marking were there:
lets suppose each question carries 1 mark for correct answer and -0.25 for each wrong answer. you answered 92 questions,out of which 70 were correct and 22 were wrong. For 70 correct question you will get 70 marks But as you have marked 22 question wrong so 22*.25=5.50 mraks will get subtracted from 70 and your total marks would be 64.50 out of 100.
If 1/3 negative marking were there:
lets suppose each question carries 1 mark for correct answer and 0.33 for each wrong answer. For 70 correct question you will get 70 marks But as you have marked 22 question wrong so 22*.33=7.26 mraks will get subtracted from 70 and your total marks would be 62.74 out of 100.
If no Negative marking is there:
Suppose there is no negative marking and each question carries 1 mark.
Then your total score out of 100 will be 70.
Hope above explanation would help you calculate your marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?