14th March 2020, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

What is the GATE 2020 cut-off for admission in NIT and IIT for M.Tech Environmental Engineering?

Hi Sir, my GATE score for 2020 exam session is 346. Can I get seat in any NIT or IITs for doing M.Tech in Environmental Engineering or any Civil Engineering courses? I belong to OBC category. Any relaxation for OBC candidates?

25th February 2021, 07:24 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the GATE 2020 cut-off for admission in NIT and IIT for M.Tech Environmental Engineering?

In IITs/NITs, Seats are reserved 27% for OBC. With a score 346 in GATE and belonging to OBC category, you can't get admission in NITs/IITs for M.Tech (Environmental Engineering). For NITs/IITs admission for M.Tech (Environmental Engineering) and belonging to OBC category, you need to score at least 550 in GATE.

GATE Cut Off
Through GATE Cut Off, One can get fairly idea about what score may require to get admission to particular institute for particular course. It varies year to year and depends on many factors such as
1) Number of Applicants
2) Difficulty level of examination paper
3) Number of seats
4) Candidate's category
5) Reputation of institute

NIT/IIT Admission

For NITs
NITs offer M.Tech admission on the basis of entrance exam GATE. Admission will be available through CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech).

For IITs
IITs offer M.Tech admission on the basis of entrance exam GATE. For IIT admission, you need to register separately for respective institute on its official website and also need to register at GATE COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) portal.

Scope After M.Tech (Environmental Engineering)
After completion of your M.Tech (Environmental Engineering), You may get job opportunities in PWD Department, Town Planning Department, Pollution Control Board, Agricultural Development Board, Municipality and Public Offices, Chemical Companies, Mining Companies etc. You can also start your career as a lecturer if interested in teaching field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?