26th February 2016, 12:15 PM
life of engg

What if one is selected in IAS Main but could not make it into interview?

I just want to know that what if you are selected for mains and could make it into interview. So would you get any kind of job in govt sector???

26th February 2016, 11:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What if one is selected in IAS Main but could not make it into interview?

No, you are not eligible for any recruitment without qualifying in all stages of Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all three stages of examination for final recruitment of jobs.

So, if you missed to clear the interview try once more and try to clear all the stages this time. To get information regarding examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th February 2016, 06:54 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What if one is selected in IAS Main but could not make it into interview?

No you will not get any kind of job in other government sector if you are unable to clear your interview after the IAS main examination. You may retry next time to clear IAS and again you need to start from Preliminary examination.

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year. The recruitment process consists of below steps:-

IAS Preliminary Examination:First examination for IAS recruitment is IAS preliminary examination. In this examination who has passed graduation from a recognized university and fulfil the other eligibility criterion for the IAS examination may appear. This examination consists of two papers- General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper-II (CSAT). CSAT means Civil Service Aptitude Test.

IAS Main Examination:The candidates who can clear the IAS preliminary examination only called for the IAS main examination. Generally around fifteen times of the total vacancies are called for IAS Main Exam. Main Exam consists of several papers like Language Test (English and one Indian Language), Essay Writing, General Studies I, General Studies II, General Studies III and General Studies IV, and Optional Paper I and II.

Personality test(Interview): Those who cleared the IAS main examination are called for the interview. Generally two times of the total number of vacancies are called for the interview.

Those who can cleared the interview are gone through medical test and background check. After that they receive the appointment letter and then can join.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?