24th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the importance of GATE exam in my educational life? I have done MSc chemistry

I have done M.Sc. chemistry. what is importance of gate exam in my educatinal life?

15th June 2015, 06:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the importance of GATE exam in my educational life? I have done MSc chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.Sc. chemistry. what is importance of gate exam in my educatinal life?
GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted every year by the Indian Institute of Technology.

Brief introduction about GATE exam:

This is an online test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks. About 15 questions are from general aptitude and rest questions are from the core technical subjects.

There is one mark and two mark questions and negative marking of 1/3rd and 2/3rd for wrong answers.

Eligibility criteria:

Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university can apply for the exam and candidates who have done master's degree in science can also apply for the exam.

There is no upper age limit for the exam and no limit on number of attempts in the exam.

Importance of GATE exam:

Nowadays the importance of GATE exam is increasing day by day. Earlier GATE used to serve as the purpose of master's degree in technology admission for candidates.

But now most of the Public Sector Undertakings have started to take admission on the basis of GATE scorecard. Candidates who obtain top ranks are called for recruitment in PSUs like BHEL, SAIL, GAIL etc.

So, you can give GATE exam if you are interested in taking admission in M.Tech programme or getting jobs in PSUs.
17th June 2015, 05:36 PM
ankit740
Member+

Default Re: What is the importance of GATE exam in my educational life? I have done MSc chemistry

Well friend gate stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering.This exam is conducted every year combinedly by iisc and different old iits.
Any engineering graduate or that who has completed masters in science can give this exam.
Nowadays gate has gained so much importance as several psus have started recruiting through this exam and it is also for higher studies.
Thank you
18th June 2015, 11:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

# The main purpose of conducting GATE is for admission in engineering courses like M.E, M.Tech etc.

# Another purpose of GATE is to judge the deep technical knowledge & understanding in engineering principles.

# There is no any upper age for GATE. Candidate can apply for as many times as he can.

# Actually, GATE is conducted jointly by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Higher education etc.

# Now-a-days, all Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and many private sector companies are offering jobs to deserving candidates on the basis of GATE score.

# The GATE score obtained by the candidate remained valid for only next two years for getting any job.

# The selection process followed by all public sector undertakings (PSUs) while selecting the candidates for job is as follows:

* Shortlisting of candidate on the basis of GATE score.
* Group Discussion
* Interview
* Document Verification
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?