23rd December 2018, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

What kind of jobs one can accept in government sector after completion of MA Sociology?

What is the use of MA Sociology? I mean if I pursue MA with specialization in Sociology then what kind of job can I get in government sector? Is this course really good for long term career plan?

7th July 2023, 01:16 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of jobs one can accept in government sector after completion of MA Sociology?

One can expect a job in teaching.
After your MA in Sociology , you can appear for NET or SET and join a college or university as an Assistant professor or Associate professor . Alternatively you can persue PhD or M.phil to teach sociology in universities . This way you can begin your career in primary and secondary education and child development.
IAS, IPS and IFS are some of the best job opportunities . You must qualify for CSAT held by UPSC to begin your career in this field.
You can apply for job titles like
Assistant Commissioner
Sub Divisional Magistrate
District Public Relations Officer etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?