19th June 2016, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

What is meant by algorithm? Where to get the explanation?

What is meant by algorithm? Where to get the explanation? Can you give me the information on the same? I am learning about computers one by one and I need to know about this in detail. Hope you can provide me the answer soon. Thanks!

19th June 2016, 07:07 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What is meant by algorithm? Where to get the explanation?

Algorithm:
An algorithm is a procedure or Formula which is used for solving a problem.The word is derived from the name of the mathematician Mohammed ibn-Musa al-Khwarizmi.

A program in a computer is viewed as an algorithm.In mathematics or computer an algorithm is known as a procedure that solves a problem.

This is also known as the process or set of rules which are to be used for solving a problem.It is well defined as a set of series steps which is used for solving a problem.

Algorithms are used to perform Calculations,Data processing,and automated reasoning tasks.An algorithm is expressed as finite amount or space and time.

The process or series of steps which is an algorithm is also expressed as a flow chart.
19th June 2016, 10:55 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is meant by algorithm? Where to get the explanation?

Algorithm simply means a sequence of proper instructions used for solving a problem, i.e., for obtaining a required output in a finite amount of time. Algorithm is very important in many field like Software Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and many more operation domain. This word have different different meaning and you should find exact and relevant information only through books. You can collect all information from your University or Schools reference books. Else you can search proper meaning and method of Algorithm from a books known as Let us C By Yashwant Kanetkar. This is one of most famous books and you should prefer this books for the depth knowledge of Computer skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?