24th May 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT Calicut?

what is the minimum mark in AIEEE is required to get admission in NIT Calicut ?

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT Calicut?
  2. Minimum marks required to score in AIEEE to get CS branch in NIT Calicut? Previous years question papers along with the tips?
  3. What's the required marks to get admission in NIT calicut? I want to get a seat admission in ECE
  4. What's the required marks to get admission in NIT calicut?
  5. How to take admission in NIT Kurukshetra? What is the minimum marks required in AIEEE?
  6. Can I get admission in NIT Calicut after scoring 118 marks in AIEEE? I belong to OBC
  7. Marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT? Minimum marks required to achieve the goal? I am studying in 11th class
  8. How may I get admission in NIT Calicut? Can I get Mechanical or Electrical branch in NIT Calicut? My AIEEE AIR is 11800
  9. Minimum rank required to get admission in NIT Calicut?
  10. Minimum marks that a ST candidate have to score in AIEEE to get admission in NIT?
  11. Minimum marks required to get NIT Calicut university for B.Arch by state quota?
  12. Minimum marks required for admission in NIT Calicut for SC category student? -- [New]
  13. What's the cut-off marks for SC candidates, in AIEEE to take admission in NIT?
  14. Minimum Marks required in AIEEE for a candidate of ST category to get admission in NIT?
  15. What is the minimum marks required to get in NIT Calicut for B.Arch by state quota?
  16. What minimum rank in AIEEE is required to get into nit and iist colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I join mechanical engineering in NIT Calicut after scoring 180 marks in AIEEE
  18. What is the minimum marks required for NIT Calicut?
4th September 2012, 11:20 PM
ad55

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT Calicut?

NIT stands for national institute of technology which is located in various states across our country ,it is top engineering college after IIT in our country

To get admission there you need to score more that 65% in AIEEE examination so that you should have a rank in range of 4000-7000 which will easily get you into NIT-calicut
5th September 2012, 06:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT Calicut?

NIT stands for the National Institute of Technology. After the IITs, NITs are the top Engineering colleges in India. NIT is the group of 30 government engineering colleges. The very first NIT was opened in 1950s. It was the dream of India's first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru to make the country leader in the field of science and technology. This is the reason why during the period of 1959 and 1965, 14 NITs were opened.

At first NIT were referred as the RECs which meant Regional Engineering Colleges. They used to be managed the state governments. However in 2007 the UPA government lead by the Congress brought the NIT Bill which declared the RECs as Institute of National Importance which gave them similar prestige like IITs.

Today getting admission in NIT is not an easy job. After IITs, NIT receive maximum number of admission applications. Appromaxiately around 10 Lakh candidates apply the Engineering course in NIT.

The admission in National Institute of Technology is given on the basis of candidate's performance in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE). Your AIEEE rank would determine whether you would get admission in NIT or not.

The eligibility criteria to appear in AIEEE is:

1. Candidate should have completed 12th with PCM as subjects.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th.

3. The percentage requirement for SC/ST is 40 percent.

However from next year onwards AIEEE exam would get replaced by the ISEET entrance exam. NITs would also give admission based on the candidate's performance in the ISEET exam.

The requirement for ISEET exam is:

1. 10+2 with PCM from a recognised board.

2. 40 percent marks in 12th board.

To answer your question about minimum marks, considering the competition in NIT, you need at least 230 marks or at least 5000 rank to get admission. This is for general category candidates.

However reserve category candidates have good chance to make it to NIT with less than 10,000 rank which would require at least 205 marks.
5th September 2012, 08:00 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: What is the minimum marks required in AIEEE to get admission in NIT Calicut?

If you get Rank under 6500 then you may get admission in it.
Thanks
8th September 2012, 05:09 PM
sailagishetty

To my friend,
NIT is National institute of technology.IITs and NITs are top most engineering colleges in india.
The admission in National Institute of Technology is given on the basis of candidate's performance in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE). Your AIEEE rank would determine whether you would get admission in NIT or not.
The eligibility criteria to appear in AIEEE is:
1. Candidate should have completed 12th with PCM as subjects.
2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th.
3. The percentage requirement for SC/ST is 40 percent.
However from next year onwards AIEEE exam would get replaced by the ISEET entrance exam. NITs would also give admission based on the candidate's performance in the ISEET exam.
The requirement for ISEET exam is:
1. 10 2 with PCM from a recognised board.
2. 40 percent marks in 12th board.
To answer your question about minimum marks, considering the competition in NIT, you need at least 230 marks or at least 5000rank to get admission. This is forgeneral category candidates.
However reserve category candidates have good chance to make it to NIT with less than 10,000 rank which would requireat least 205 marks.
20th May 2013, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

my mark is 32 in aieee exam is me qualified or not to admit in iit college
23rd May 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

i have got 71 marks is im suitable to get admission in any nit collages across india
28th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

if i get 15o marks in jee(main) and i am belongs to obc category can i get admission in nit
1st June 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I got 197 marks in jee main and 98% in andhra pradesh board exams .I prefer cse and ece branches. do i have any chance of getting seat in calicut nit. If not in which nit would i get. ? Plz reply......
1st June 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

I got 197 marks in jee main and 98% in andhra pradesh board exams .I prefer cse and ece branches. do i have any chance of getting seat in calicut nit. If not in which nit would i get. ? Plz reply......
26th June 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i got 131 marks in jee main and 91.8% in cbse and belong to obc.can i expect a seat in nit?if yes then which?
5th May 2014, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

I have got only 77 marks in jee main exam and belongs to OBC category. Do I have any chance to get admission in Calicut NIT? If not, is there any chance in any other NITs? Plz rply....
6th May 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

i got 141 marks in jee main and 97.8% in kerala board and belong to general .can i expect a seat in nit?if yes then which?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?