7th October 2019, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification required for Train Driver post in Indian Railways?

Hi, I have completed Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Am I eligible for the post of Train Driver in Indian Railways? How and when to apply for Train Driver? Is there any entrance for Train Driver in Indian Railways?

7th September 2020, 01:32 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for Train Driver post in Indian Railways?

Eligibility to become train driver in Indian Railways are:
* Candidates must have completed act apprentice or ITI pass or diploma in mechanical/ electrical/ automobile engineering from institution recognised by AICTE.
* Age should be between 18 years and 30 years.

Entrance detail:
Candidates are required to appear for an entrance exam conducted by RRB every year.

For more information, go to www.indianrailways.gov.in
11th September 2020, 01:34 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for Train Driver post in Indian Railways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Am I eligible for the post of Train Driver in Indian Railways? How and when to apply for Train Driver? Is there any entrance for Train Driver in Indian Railways?
After 12th ,if you want to become a loco pilot /train driver (engine driver) in Indian Railways then you require either ITI or diploma in mechanical /electrical/electronic/automobile .
If your subjects in 12th were PCM then you have plenty of opportunities in Railways.
Age limit:- 18 - 30 year for the general candidates. (Age relaxation is being given to the reserved categories)

You can appear for RRB'S entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?