18th July 2010, 10:34 PM
vedavathi1234

What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

Hello friends,

I am doing my diploma in computer science (after 10th exam) and i would like to take up civil engineering course after that.Please let me know the options available after completing diploma.I would also like to know if I can do MBA after completing Diploma.Please do suggest.

Also let me know if diploma is treated as degree.and can diploma student take up IAS (UPSC)exam.

Waiting for your reply.

25th May 2011, 01:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

A Diploma course will never be treated as an equivalent to degree course. You need to make sure that you pursue a degree course if you want to do post graduation or IAS. You should avail the lateral entry scheme. So you can save a year of education and join the second year. There are entrance exams for the same. You can visit their sites to know more about the eligibility criteria and other details.
31st May 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

how much full fee in degree in any college
16th June 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in computer science. Now I am planning to do a degree in correspondence so which degree can I choose ?
20th June 2011, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

i have complected diploma . And i want to do mba . Is it possible.
22nd June 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Hey friends, i hav 88% in 10th. What should i choose dip. in E &Tc or software engineering?
30th June 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

can i do B.Tech from ISM dhanbad after diploma course.
3rd July 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my diploma in computer engineering 3rd year. my question is -can i do bba?
20th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

can i do MBA corruspondance course after diploma
27th July 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

can i do mba after diploma in cse
4th September 2011, 01:07 PM
goutam1222

What are the options available after completing diploma?
ans: after diploma you can do b.tech as alateral entry student.
job options in govt sector is quite open as a junior engineer.
you can join indian railways signal department as a junior engineer.
BSNL recruits diploma holders. several lab assistant options get open.
even you can appear in IITJEE after completing your diploma.

Can I do MBA after diploma?
ans: NO. it is not equivalent to any bachlor degree.

Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?
ans:NO. A diploma student can not appear in IAS or any graduate level entrance exam.
10th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

hi, i completed my diplomo in E & comunication so. is am i eligible to mba or engineering.
14th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedavathi1234 View Post
Hello friends,

I am doing my diploma in computer science (after 10th exam) and i would like to take up civil engineering course after that.Please let me know the options available after completing diploma.I would also like to know if I can do MBA after completing Diploma.Please do suggest.

Also let me know if diploma is treated as degree.and can diploma student take up IAS (UPSC)exam.

Waiting for your reply.
no you are not eligible to attempt IAS exam
24th September 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

i m in diploma e & communication so i do which corse in b.tec
30th September 2011, 10:01 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hello friends,

Waiting for your reply.
21st October 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

Quote:
Hello friends,

Waiting for your reply.
Let me clear u onething that to pursue MBA its a Must that the applicant has to be a Graduate from any university, so Diploma will never be consider to be as graduation i suggest u better u do graduation programs with Diploma so that it will be easy for u to take admission in to MBA
24th November 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can i do frankin after deplom
25th November 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

A week before it came in the newspaper that diploma n degree will be given equal importance n post. n students who want to take mba after diploma are allowed to do. this has been given by the government
28th December 2011, 10:22 AM
joblesswork

A Diploma course will never be treated as an equivalent to degree course. You need to make sure that you pursue a degree course if you want to do post graduation or IAS. You should avail the lateral entry scheme. So you can save a year of education and join the second year. There are entrance exams for the same. You can visit their sites to know more about the eligibility criteria and other details.
4th January 2012, 03:09 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friends,

Waiting for your reply.
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.B.A or I.A.S after diploma course.
Diploma course is not like degree course because degree course is after 12th only. but you can do diploma course after 10th or 12th.

If you want to do M.B.A or I.A.S then you have to pass the graduation first.

ALL THE BEST!
20th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i have finished my diploma in petro chemical engg after my 12 th std.. So am i eligible to do mba?? Even i have an experience around 4 years.. Pls kindly let me know.. Thanks
24th February 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

correspondence course i want to do MA Administration but my qualification is only 10th
2nd March 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

what are the other course can i join after completion of diploma in computer science and engineering
12th March 2012, 11:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
Eligibility For MBA A candidate must be a graduate degree holder in
any stream in order to be able to pursue MBA Since, Diploma is an equivalent for 12th and not
graduation hence,you are not eligible for
pursuing MBA till the time you don't finish your
graduation from a degree college You can appear for the following MBA entrance
exams if you complete you graduation with an
aggregate of 50% :- CAT
MAT
XAT
NMAT
SNAP
IIT JMET You can either go for a 3 year B.Sc or apply for
lateral entry exams and get direct admission to
B.Tech 2nd year.
All the best.
13th March 2012, 04:09 PM
masuka123

After Diploma students are eligible for B.Tech courses. They are given an option for lateral entry in to the 2nd year of the B.Tech program. This is a huge advantage as they have already covered the basics in the diploma courses. The engineering lateral entry application form will be available for purchase from different government engineering colleges in the state. Fill up the application forms and also enclose the mark list copy along with it and sent it to the concerning address. Candidates are given the liberty to choose any department and college for doing the course. As you are aiming to join to Uttarakhand state, you will have to apply for the UKSEE. This is an examination carried out in the state as to endow the students with admission to B.Tech lateral entry. There are lots of technical colleges in Uttarakhand which take candidates who have qualified in this exam.
13th June 2012, 08:29 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

the option are available after diploma:-
1.b.tech
2.b.c.a
3.b.b.a

no you can't do MBA after diploma.diploma is not a graduation,only the graduate are eligible for the MBA.

diploma is not equal to degree.degree is graduation and diploma is pre-graduation.there is one more step after diploma to become a graduate.

no diploma students can't take IAS exam because they are not graduate.the eligibily for IAS exam is the graduation.graduation is much more important to take the IAS exam.
14th June 2012, 09:18 AM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

What are the options available after completing diploma?
ans: after diploma you can do b.tech as alateral entry student.
job options in govt sector is quite open as a junior engineer.
you can join indian railways signal department as a junior engineer.
BSNL recruits diploma holders. several lab assistant options get open.
even you can appear in IITJEE after completing your diploma.

Can I do MBA after diploma?
ans: NO. it is not equivalent to any bachlor degree.

Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?
ans:NO. A diploma student can not appear in IAS or any graduate level entrance exam.

Thanks
24th June 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

Hello sir,

I am doing my diploma in computer science (after 12th exam) and i would like to know the options available after completing diploma.I would also like to know can I do MBA after completing Diploma.Please give me suggestion.

your's
shiwanghi patle
m.no.- 8827177843
email- [email protected]
31st July 2012, 02:58 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Hai,.
Eligibility For MBA A candidate must be a graduate degree holder in
any stream in order to be able to pursue MBA Since, Diploma is an equivalent for 12th and not
graduation hence,you are not eligible for
pursuing MBA till the time you don't finish your
graduation from a degree college You can appear for the following MBA entrance
exams if you complete you graduation with an
aggregate of 50% :- CAT
MAT
XAT
NMAT
SNAP
IIT JMET You can either go for a 3 year B.Sc or apply for
lateral entry exams and get direct admission to
B.Tech 2nd year.
All the best.
6th August 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have completed my diploma in computer science and engineering and now doing my BCA in distance education as lateral entry and now im in my final year of degree , so am i eligible for an IAS (upsc)exam.
pls give me a reply ..
20th November 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have completed my diploma in computer engineering.can i do BCA.
13th January 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..
I have completed diploma in computer science but I would like to do MBA it is possible or not?
After diploma can we apply for IAS exam...
Shashiraju...
13th January 2013, 05:24 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The diploma course is not considered equal to graduation degree. Which clearly means that you can neither apply for Master of Business Administration and neither you can apply for Indian Administrative Service.

However Engineering is a option for you. Diploma holders can apply for the Engineering course. The duration of B.Tech would be three years for you. The only way to apply for Bachelor of Technology is through lateral entry scheme.

Most engineering colleges in India reserve some seats for diploma holders. These seats are offered under lateral entry scheme. Which means admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course.

You can take admission through that. For lateral entry you will have to appear for a entrance exam. The entrance exams mentioned below are useless for you:

AIEEE

UPSEE

MHT-CET

IIT-JEE

ISEET

BITSAT

All these entrance exams are for normal admission procedure. They do not offer admission through lateral entry. For that you will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

A candidate should have 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for the LEET entrance exam. There are some universities that conducts their separate entrance exam. After completing B.Tech you can apply for IAS or MBA.
16th June 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

which subject I have to give after completing computer engineering?
7th July 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

hai frnds...
am a final year diploma student in computer science...wat r the course can i do after finish diploma?..pls tell me.....am waiting fr the answer
11th February 2014, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, iam from andhra. I have completed diploma in computer science in 2006. Does i have any option to study or to do job. My age is 28, caste o.c. Thanking u sir
20th May 2014, 05:10 PM
prasalvi92

Unfortunately, You cannot directly opt for an MBA,
but instead,
There are institutes like RICS school of built environment who offer management related courses for Graduation (BBA) and post graduation (MBA) to people of CIvil background.
You may want to check their website.
1st August 2014, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i finshed diploma in cse i want to do mba intergrated course it is possible or not please tell me?
1st August 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i finshed diploma in cse i want to do mba intergrated course it is possible or not please tell me?
16th August 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10,DEEE,BA 2nd year completed &third year going on. Am I eligible for enter IAS exam after completion BA.kindly need information me
23rd April 2017, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

After the completion of diplomatic course in software engineering, is it possible to take up A-level or B-level directly, skipping the O-level?
21st June 2017, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir's / madam's, Can i study degree in abroad after competing my diploma in civil engineering and which country and university i can apply for? Please answer my question thank you
10th August 2020, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends, Iam studying diploma final year computers branch. I want to study MBA. In what way I can reach to able to study MBA?
Guys please give me a suggestion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?