13th January 2017, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join NDA after completing class 10th from CBSE Board?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from CBSE Board and after completing it I want to apply for NDA exam so I want to know what is the procedure to join NDA after completing class 10th from CBSE Board? How can I prepare for the exam and which books should I prefer studying? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join another board after passing 10th from CBSE?
  2. Am I eligible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class from CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Should i join ISC board or CBSE board after completing class 10th from ICSE board?
  4. Is it possible to study 11th in Sainik School, Ghorakhal for a CBSE candidate on 10th basis? Procedure to get admission?
  5. Admission in CBSE affiliated schools of Navi Mumbai for 10th drop out?
  6. Am i eligible to join NDA after my 10th board exam?
  7. What is the procedure for admission in class 10th standard of CBSE board? -- [New]
  8. Can I get transfer from Bihar board to CBSE after completing class 10th?
  9. Procedure to join Military School for 10th CBSE student?
  10. Can I repeat my class 12th with CBSE Board after completing it from UP Board? What is the procedure to get admission in CBSE Board?
  11. Admission in Odisha board after completing class 10th in CBSE board?
  12. In which class shall a 2 years and 9 months kid should join? What should be the age for appearing in CBSE 10th board exams?
  13. What is the procedure to do graduation right after completion of 10th from CBSE board?
  14. How to take admission in class 11th after completing 10th in Cambridge board
  15. Am I eligible to apply for NDA Exam after completion of 10th Class from CBSE?
  16. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  17. Should I study Diploma course to join Indian Railway after completing 10th CBSE?
  18. Can a Girl join NDA (CDS) after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Girl to join NDA?
14th January 2017, 07:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join NDA after completing class 10th from CBSE Board?

To join NDA after completion of your class 10th from CBSE Board, you have to pursue 11th and 12th standard with Science stream from a Government recognised board and you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should be within the age of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You should be Physically as well as mentally healthy.

You can refer NDA entrance examination english by Arihant Publications and Nda & Na Entrance Examination Mathmatics General Eligibility Test Paper I & II Paperback (english) to prepare for NDA examination.
15th January 2017, 12:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join NDA after completing class 10th from CBSE Board?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male unmarried can appear for examination.

The examination paper contains question of General Ability and Mathematics. The mathematics syllabus if of 10th -12th std where as for General Ability you must have good knowledge of English, current affairs and social studies.

To get more information switch to www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2017, 12:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination to join Defence after class tenth. Eligibility criteria for NDA entrance exam:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Candidates interested to join Navy and Air Force must study Physics and Mathematics in standard 12th.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

You need to pursue 10+2 first then only you can become eligible for NDA examination conducted by UPSC.
15th January 2017, 01:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Procedure to join National Defence Academy after 10th:

As academic qualification required to apply for NDA examination is senior secondary passed or appearing for board exams.

You should first do 10+2 from any recognized board then apply for NDA exams.

How to prepare:

Mathematics of standard 11th and 12th.

General knowledge by Lucent.

Newspapers for Current Affairs.
15th January 2017, 02:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defnece Academy and it provides a better opportunities for candidates to join defence service after 12th.

But you are not eligible to appear for examination only after 10th. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

For Army - 12th in any stream.

Air Force and Navy - 12th with PCM.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates can appear for examination.

The best books for preparation of examination is Upkar/ Arihant NDA & NA Objective and Lucent General Knowledge.

You can prefer books of other publication also if available. Candidates after qualifying in written stages have to appear for SSB and qualify in it for final selection. For detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2017, 03:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 10th passed candidate to join NDA you need to first complete your Class 12th academics and then qualify NDA entrance examination.

* NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA entrance examination are held by UPSC twice every year in two phases which includes Written Examination and SSB interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as given below :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream for joining Indian Army. But for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics need to have PCM as main subjects.

iv) You must satisfy the physical fitness requirement norms as specified in norms.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2017, 04:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required to apply for NDA examination is senior second that is 10+2 from a recognized board like NIOS, CBSE, State board etc. Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates can apply. You must pursue 10+2 then only you will be eligible for this exam.

While studying in standard 12th, prepare your mathematics subjects well as it is essential in NDA examination preparation. Mathematics is very important subject in written test of NDA. For general ability test, read daily English Newspapers like The Hindu or Indian Express. Read NCERT social science and science books for science questions.

Download or buy previous year question bank of NDA and solve it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?