29th April 2013, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join Railway engineering?

what is the procedure to join railway engg?....please send to me the details

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Railway Engineering after passing engineering in IT? How to join Railway Engineering?
  2. Exams for getting railways jobs -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to apply for Indian Railway with my Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Can I get admission for Engineering in Railway Institute?
  5. How to join Railway engineering college after passing 12th with 68%?
  6. What are the ways to join Railways? -- [New]
  7. Job Opportunities in Indian Railway for me after the completion of Engineering in IT? What procedure to follow and required eligibility criteria for this?
  8. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  9. How to join and serve Indian Railway as a Junior Engineer? I have completed B.Tech in civil engineering with 84%
  10. How to join any kind of training while doing B.Tech? Procedure to join it?
  11. How to join in railway after passing 12th?
  12. Can I apply for railway exam after studying electrical and electronics engineering? What is the procedure to apply?
  13. What is the procedure to get into Railway Engineering after completing railway engineering? I have completed my HSC in science? How to fill the forms and what is the last date to submit the form? What is the fees?
  14. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  15. How to join Evening Engineering College? What is the procedure to join to the Evening College? What is the CET syllabus?
  16. How to join Aeronautical Engineering? What is the procedure?
  17. Procedure to apply for Railway Jobs after B.Com?
  18. How can I join as TTE in Railway?
5th August 2015, 11:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Railway engineering?

To join Railway engineering you will have to clear the SCRA examination.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year. The qualifications required for appearing in the same examinations are as here under :-

--> You must have the citizenship of India.

--> Your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

--> You must have a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects or any equivalent degree with at least 45 % aggregate from a recognized board of education.

The examination is held in two stages which are :- Stage I) General ability test & Stage II) Personality assessment test.

You can join Indian railways after completing your bachelor of engineering/technology course from a recognized university by cracking RRB examination.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?