1st August 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope after doing BCA?

What scope for doing after bca....pelase tell me what is it

3rd October 2012, 06:36 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope after doing BCA?

There is no good scope after Bachelor of Computer Application. You will not get any good job in computer field with this degree. Perhaps the best option for you would be a job in call center. This is the best you can expect from this degree.

Today most candidates prefer doing Master of Computer Applications. I would suggest that you do the same. MCA degree would allow you to apply for good jobs in the MNC IT companies like:

Infosys

Microsoft

IBM

TCS

Wipro

HCL

For admission in MCA you will have to appear for entrance exam. The eligibility for MCA is at least 50 percent marks in graduation and Maths should be one of your subjects in 12th. If you meet this criteria then appear for the entrace exams conducted by the universities.

However if you can't pursue further education for some reason and require job then I would suggest appearing for entrance exams for Bank PO or Civil Service Examination.

Naturally I would recommend Civil Service Exam over PO. You can appear for the exam with any graduation degree and become IAS or IPS officer. Although it would not be that easy and you will have to prepare hard to crack the IAS entrance exam.

Bank PO exam is conducted by the IBPS. It is good option if you want to work in bank. This exam can get you job in any of the 19 Public Sector Banks. The requirement here too is graduation degree. In both case percentage in graduation is not considered.
3rd October 2012, 07:03 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

After BCA you should go for MCA. By the way After BCA there are jobs like : Web Designer, PHP Web Developer, Office Administrator. You can enter into a job as a Junior Software Engineer or Associate Software Engineer in companies like: Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, Accenture, SAP Labs and any other organization. For this you need to have consistent marks in 10th, 10+2 and BCA. You can also do MBA depending upon your area of interest and budget. Remember, you are going to compete with BE/BTech/MTech and MSc degree holders. Also, it's recommendable to secure 60% to 70% marks in 10th, 10+2, BCA and MCA/MBA. Study in well reputed and good colleges, where quality of education is high. Otherwise it may turn into a wastage of money.
3rd October 2012, 07:04 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,

After doing BCA, you will have to choose among the many options available in your hand. Like:

1. You can enter into a job as a Junior Software Engineer or Associate Software Engineer in companies like: Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, TCS, Accenture, SAP Labs and any other organization. For this you need to have consistent marks in 10th, 10+2 and BCA. Generally cutoff ranges from 60% to 70%.

2. You can do MCA or MBA depending upon your area of interest and budget. You will be able to secure a job if you are highly competent and have lot of skills in C++, Java, Oracle etc. Because, you are going to compete with BE/BTech/MTech and MSc degree holders. Also, it's recommendable to secure 60% to 70% marks in 10th, 10+2, BCA and MCA/MBA. Study in well reputed and good colleges, where quality of education is high. Otherwise it may turn into a wastage of money.

3. If you are passionate about adventure and thriller, then join the Indian Army through UPSC CDSE exam or attend directly the SSB interview for Indian Navy for the post of Logistic Cadre in Executive branch. This will give you lot of benefits, since six pay commission is in place and job security is 100%.

All The Best ......
3rd October 2012, 07:23 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is a wide scope for BCA pass outs in private sector.Many private sector companies which recruit BCA graduates are mainly the software companies.Some of the top IT companies in public sector recruiting BCA graduates are:
  • HCL Technologies
  • TCS
  • CMC Ltd.
  • Wipro Ltd.
  • ORacle
  • Larsen and toubro infotech
  • PCS
  • Mahindra satyam
  • IBM
  • UST Global
  • Iflex solutions.
Now a days almost every company requires an IT professional and so BCA professional can also find a job outside software field.Private sector companies provide handsome packages.
There are many public sector companies too which give job opportunities to BCa students.Public sector companies are: BSNL,MTNL,ONGC etc.
3rd October 2012, 07:25 PM
sanjaychauhan01

[B][B]Dear..
You asked about the scope after BCA, So dear let me tell you that BCA is a graduation program and the scope after that is not that much as in graduation you do not get that much knowledge which is actually needed by today's corporate houses. You may get a chance to work for some prestigious companies but the condition is that you should have full knowledge, Good communication skills, Strong decision making ability as these are the key things that employers usually look in a candidate. However the scope as i said is very less and its very difficult to get a good job after BCA.

Okay now the second point that comes to you is that if you are not able to get a good job after BCA then whats next??? well for this i suggest you to go for courses like MBA or MCA or try hands in different fields if you want to do so.

MBA gives you a wider career coverage and by this you can get into many fields and even you can do MBA in IT and can join any good IT companies like COGNIZANT, TCS, WIPRO, TECH-MAHINDRA, INFOSYS, CAPGEMINI.

The other option that comes in front of you is to not to change the field and go for MCA. If you go for MCA then your scope would limited up to IT companies only so think before join if you really wanna go for IT sectors or not.

My sincere request to you is to not to join any call center as it will ruin your future as you will not get your experience counted anywhere. Its better to work anywhere else but not at a call center.

Other option is to prepare for some govt. job and you can easily get a good, reputed job with handsome salary.

Hope you have understood the point

Cheers...!!!
3rd October 2012, 09:21 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the scope after doing BCA?

Quote:

After completing your BCA.........

You can get job at Following reputed companies like:

• Wipro
  • TCS
  • Intel
  • HP
  • Microsoft
  • Infosys
  • Google
  • HCL

Here is i have also attached pdf of Scop of BCA so, please check it out......

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scope of bca.pdf(79.2 KB, 258 views)
3rd October 2012, 09:52 PM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Friend,

-- BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

-- We cannot hope for best job on the basis of mere degree of BCA.

-- But a post-graduate degree in MCA can open the several opportunities for working in reputed MNCs like HCL, Wipro, Satyam, Infosys, Microsoft, IBM etc.

-- On the basis of BCA degree, you can make your career in government jobs by cracking one of the following examination:

# Railway Recruitment Examinations
# LIC Recruitment Examinations
# Banking Examination
# Civil Service Examination
# Staff Selection Commission Examination
# And many more examinations
3rd October 2012, 10:14 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

Generally is totally depends upon aspirants capability in order to achieve success,
so in any field whether its BCA, BBA,MBA ,its just depend upon aspirant ability and capability whether the aspirants are capable of presenting them in a well mannered according to company or organizations demands .

BCA is considered a fairly general degree by the industry and does not open many doors in the IT industry
by itself.If uou want to do better then after completing BCA rhen i,would suggest you to pursue further for MCA.
If you are keen to work in IT, you will need to back up your CV with a MCA
and/or some relevant certifications like MCSE and CCNA for Networking or a DST for Testing. and you can opt for courses like Java, J2EE, C++,
Dot Net or Mainframes and then apply to software companies. Check out the placement options available through with the institute
where you join a course since a lot of good institutes guarantee
a job on successful completion of the course. You can also explore study options in Cyber security/ Information Security, Networking, Animation, VLSI Design, Database Administration.
Apart from this, you could consider options in Management, Accounting, Media, Hospitality, IT, Academics,

jobs in different sectors like are as follows :

LIST OF GOVERNMENT JOBS FOR THE BCA GRADUATES ARE :

1. BANK JOBS.

2. RAILWAY JOBS.

3. INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED - IOCL.

4. OIL INDIAN LIMITED - OIL.

5. NATIONAL THERMAL POWER PLANT - NTPC.

LIST OF PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS FOR BCA GRADUATES ARE :

1. TATA CONSULTANT SERVICES - TCS.

2. COGNIZENT TECHNOLOGIES - CTS.

3. WIPRO.

4. HP.

5. INFOSYS etc.

3rd October 2012, 10:39 PM
Arajjo

hello friend...

There is good scope for students After the BCA it is important to do the MCA or MSC because today top IT company demand for MCA, MSC and any Master degree holder student...

If you Pass the BCA with first division and best institute so you get the good job and also do the ME...

Mostly job are available in the IT filed in India and abroad...

so There is best scope if you do the best institute & university and get the good percentage...

After do the BCA you are qualified the software developer and software Engineering post....

Thank...

All the best..
4th October 2012, 10:51 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Cool Re: What is the scope after doing BCA?

Quote:

After completing your BCA study

You can Get job at Reputed companies like......
  1. Microsoft
  2. Infosys
  3. Google
  4. HCL
  5. Wipro
  6. TCS
  7. Intel
  8. HP

Goooood Luck.............................................. ...........................

13th October 2012, 06:51 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

Red face Re: What is the scope after doing BCA?

HI FRIEND,

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2521913]What scope for doing after bca....pelase tell me what is

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:::::::::::::::::::AFTER BCA (BECHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION) YOU CAN GET GIVEN BELOW COMPANY::::::::::::::::::::::::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WIPRO

TCS

INTEL

HP

MICROSOFT

INFOSYS

GOOGLE

HCL

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WITH REGARD ARPIT_30.

8th January 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Sorry I am a BCA and I have a jot in Oracle and a 5.5 lakhs p.a salary package
Many of my classmates also have got similar packages in companies like NI, GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, SAP, Goldman Sachs, Ernst&Young etc.

You probably have no idea of what a BCA candidate's potential is.

Companies have discovered that we can do almost many of the things that engineers can and are replacing them.

It actually matters entirely on the university in which you do your course.

I did my BCA in Jain University and I also suggest people who aspire to do a BCA to join this university as it has excellent faculty, facility and lots of placements.
29th May 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of gratuation with maths honers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?