26th February 2012, 09:44 PM
vikjass007

What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

dear sir,

I want to be a software engineer. but i don't know about its scope and about the salary when i will get a job. so plz sir tell me about the software engineering and about the salary..i will be very thankful to you..

27th February 2012, 06:24 AM
anlakshmi

Default Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

>>there is a great scope of software engineering in future.

>>since there is a great need for the companies to make their softwares popular.

>>so they will be in need of software engineers.

>>so surely there will be great scope for the software engineers and the salary offered to them is also good as well
29th February 2012, 10:28 PM
measrasr

Hi dear,

>>there is a great scope of software engineering in future.

>>since there is a great need for the companies to make their softwares popular.

>>so they will be in need of software engineers.

>>so surely there will be great scope for the software engineers and the salary offered to them is also good as well

Thanks
14th April 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a software engineer is there any scope in this field now ??
14th May 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

will there be a scope in software engineering in future?
19th May 2012, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

is there neccessery for software engineering reconization with (PEC)??????
24th May 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

IF I CHOOSE B.Tech Agriculture is there will be good scope in future or not? will i get a better salary ?
27th May 2012, 07:27 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Hi dear,

>>Software engineering is one of the developing field. It has a great scope.

>>Job opportunity are available in abroad

Thank you....
1st June 2012, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

how i can get the job in software engineer?
1st June 2012, 03:20 PM
bhagyaraj1

hi dear,

Software Engineering is a wide and vast subject. At least for the next 10 years, the IT industry is going to thrive very well due to a lot of investments and opportunities galore. If you have the right skills, it is one of the best professions to learn and make quick money at the same time.

Coming to your 2nd point regarding the scope in India, lots of projects are getting offshored to Multinational IT Companies in India. This trend is going to continue for long due to low operating costs, easy availability of resources and a lot of other positive factors like skills, communication and language.

My piece of advice on this is - Yes, software Engineering is definitely a very nice profession if you are passionate about your work. But don't get in just because of Money and be prepared to slog for long.

all the best,
4th July 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

how can i get a job in infoysis??
24th July 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

The scope of software engineering is extremely broad. In general, five aspects are involved:
-Historical Aspects
-Economic Aspects
-Maintenance Aspects
-Requirements, Analysis, and Design Aspects
-Team Development Aspects
24th July 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

The scope of software engineering is extremely broad. In general, five aspects are involved:
-Historical Aspects
-Economic Aspects
-Maintenance Aspects
-Requirements, Analysis, and Design Aspects
-Team Development Aspects
29th July 2012, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after 12th to be a software engineer.... please do tell
14th August 2012, 09:43 PM
samatha89
Member+

The practice of software engineering in the corporate or industrial sector, starts with the business and ends with the business. Although computers, programming languages, and creative problem solving are what fill the engineer with interest in the field, without servicing and enabling the user, the exercise would be pointless. Thus the first stage in any software engineering process, is the Vision and Scope document, or some equivalent meeting.
scope

A vision of the system to be built is described by the user or Product Champion. The business context that it will service is described. The key stakeholders are enumerated including their interests, risks, etc. The success conditions are listed, so that it is understood what will be completed and how to measure success.

Business opportunities are discussed, to justify why the project should be invested with the blood, sweat, and tears of programmers, testers, project managers, and program managers. The Scope of the project is made clear and if it is to be in phases, the scope of each phase at a high level is laid out. The priorities of the project are recorded.

With an understanding of the business' vision, the engineers begin to ask questions.
22nd August 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to do software engineering but i haven't learnt computers in 11th and 12th class. Will it prove good for me?
2nd September 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir,What Niit is best for software engineering?
9th September 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary of software engineer in USA
9th September 2012, 11:19 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikjass007 View Post
dear sir,

I want to be a software engineer. but i don't know about its scope and about the salary when i will get a job. so plz sir tell me about the software engineering and about the salary..i will be very thankful to you..
Dear friend..hi.

Software engineering is the most developing and leading branch of the technical world. Almost 60% of the technical graduates depends on this field as far as job is considered. India is one of the IT hub of the world. So there are lots of employment in this field.

As far as salary is concerned, it solely depends on the type of job, the company/organization you are joining or the institute you opt for your studies etc,..
It is also true that the highest paid engineers are also in software field itself. Salary varies from 30,000 per month to 5 lakhs(generally international) per month....which used to be the highest of the country, but as i hav already told you it depends on the organization you are joining. So take your time, know it better.....all the best.
10th October 2012, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

sir I want to be a software engg. tell me what I ll do after 12
11th October 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Software Engineering in India is a good option. But competition is very tough.
It would be better if you could switch yourself into Networking field.
Networking doesn't mean any Hardware Networking or MCSE.

I am talking about Network Engineering, that is CCNA, CCNP, CCIE.
CCNA is a basic course, but CCIE is best thing to do for a fresher.
My cousin Gaurav sood is a CCIE Engineer and he is getting more than 12 Lacs package.
He was fresher when he did his CCIE. Networking has lots of opportunities as freshers.

Best of Luck!
24th October 2012, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Actually there is a good scope for software engineers in future but do remember that this is a very competitive field and technologies change everyday, so it is very difficult to rise in this dynamic environment and you are out of the trade before you even realize that. Outsourcing companies like Infosys, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, TCS, Accenture provide job security but treat you like beggars in terms of salary. In case you want to switch your job for a better pay, companies will drill you with their 5-6 rounds of tests and interviews and moreover most of the salary benefits come only after working for atleast 5 years in software industry, any lesser than that, you are treated like a kid and get a very little salary. Other option is to do masters after your graduation if you are hoping to get a good salary and that is not a child's play. Moral of the story is that no matter what people say but the fact is "Software Engineering suckkss".
22nd January 2013, 08:49 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Dear friend, the candidates who are pursuing engineering in software technology having a great scope in the IT industry. There are so many options for software engineers.

As a software engineer, If you have great knowledge about graphical designing, programming languages, OS.. then you can join one of the best company to get job related to this:

1. IBM

2. TCS

3. Infosys

4. HP

5. Dell

6. CTS

7. Microsoft

8. GOOGLE

9. HCL

10. Wipro

You can perform various kind of duties like:

1. Software Design

2. Software Construction

3. Software Testing

4. Software Maintenance

5. Configuration Management

6. Management

7. Tools and methods

8. Judging the software quality

9. Finalization

And rest is about salary, your initial package will be of Rs. 20,000/- per month minimum.

Wish you all the very best.
23rd January 2013, 03:35 AM
SHARIB IZHAR

Software engineering is a discipline whose aim is the production of fault-free software, that is delivered on time, within budget, and satisfies the user’s needs.

Here is a file i am attaching. The all details in explained way is given in this pdf. Just have a look.......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf software engineering scope.pdf(192.8 KB, 1952 views)
23rd January 2013, 05:33 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
dear sir,

Dear friend,

Software engineering is one of the best and highly paid branch of engineering. Now a days software engineering is replaced with computer science and engineering and Information Technology. Today almost every topper in each entrance exam is preferring this branch due to its endless scope and better future in Information technology sector. Being a software engineering you become eligible to get job in various government as well as private companies with good salary package. There are also some public sector companies which recruits software engineer.

As you are going to complete B.Tech in software engineering. So, you can apply in various IT/software sector companies in India as well as in foreign companies. Now a days software engineers are being recruited by various software companies with high salary package. The main work of software engineer is to develop new softwares. They also deal with the maintenance, development and applications of software. Being a software engineer you should have good knowledge of various computer languages. Now a days IT sector of India is on boom and day by day the software companies are increasing in India which increasing the demand of software engineers in India.

There are various software companies in India in which you can apply for job after completing your engineering course in software engineering. But there are some eligibility criteria which you must have to follow in order to apply for a job in software companies. In India almost every software company has same eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria for job in Software companies:-

1)- You should have minimum 60% marks in 12th.

2)- You should have minimum 60% marks in 10th.

3)- You should have minimum 60% or equivalent CGPA in B.Tech course.

4)- You should not have year gap of more than 2 years.

5)- Final year candidates can also apply.

6)- You should not have any pending backlog at the time of applying for the job.

7)- You should have good communication skills.

Some computer languages you must know:-
  • C
  • C++
  • Java
  • Oracle
  • Linux
  • .Net
  • .php
etc.

Various Software companies in India:-
  • Wipro
  • Infosys
  • HCL Technologies
  • BirlaSoft
  • CTS
  • TCS
  • Tech Mahindra
  • Deloitte
  • Capgemini
  • CISCO
  • Microsoft
  • Google
  • Oracle
  • Accenture
  • IBM
  • Samsung
  • Yahoo
  • HP
  • Dell
  • Intel
  • ITC Infotech
  • Larsen & Toubro Infotech
  • Atos
  • iGate
  • Patni
  • MindTree
  • Nokia
  • Sony
  • Broadcom
  • Siemens
  • Novell
23rd January 2013, 11:15 AM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as the scope in software engineering is concern Software engineering is one of the developing field. It has a great scope.Job opportunity are available in abroad,At least for the next 10 years, the IT industry is going to thrive very well due to a lot of investments and opportunities galore. If you have the right skills, it is one of the best professions to learn and make quick money

Good luck....
23rd January 2013, 12:16 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Quote:
dear sir,

Dear Aspirant,

Thats very nice choice.To become a Software Engineer.You need to take the UnderGraduation course as ComputerScience or Information Technology or any related ComputerScience related streams.

For a fresher the salary will be a nominal pay around 10,000 to 30,000 depends on the fame of the company.

Coming to the scope of the Software engineer.The scope depends upon the amount of work you do in handling a problem.

For example:

If you are handled a problem of solving a addition of two numbers.How well can u solve it is major factor.If it is taken in the programming language measuring of your effective knowledge Test.

Then you need to show how many steps less can be taken to solve that addition problem.

All will do by taking 3 variables.Assign two number for 2variables.Then add the sum to the 3rd variable.Print it on the screen.But the recruiters will see for the students who will complete this step in less steps with out using any variables.

Yes we can do it by directly taking the input and displaying directly on the screen without any variables declared.

That is the way scope can be defined.Only the engineers who think creatively and logically will have a good scope in the software field.

So choose before you get into this field.This requires high amount of dedication and the zeal to work.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
3rd February 2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

which is the top software engineering university in India?
15th February 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

bcs(bachlor computer science) . Bse(software engineering), bit(information technology) or btn(tele communication and networking)
3rd May 2013, 11:55 AM

dear sir,

I want to be a software engineer. but i don't know about its scope and about the salary when i will get a job. so please sir, tell me about the software engineering and about the salary..i will be very thankful to you..
5th June 2013, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

I am much interested in soft.engg whether MS (software engg) is engg course or science stream and whether it has scope more than normal BE or B.Tech comp.sci and engg
17th June 2013, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

hai sir, colleges in kerala or India seemed to better . if it is in India what measures i must adopt
8th August 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to do software engineering but i did not know about its scope and how much i earn per month can you help me sir
16th August 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR WE WANT TO KNOW THE SCOPE OF SOFTWARE ENGG IN DTU?ALSO I WANT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN ADMISSION IN MNIT JAIPUR...AND I AM GETTING SOFTWARE ENGG IN DTU.WHAT IS BETTER OPTION?
12th October 2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir...... i want to become a software engineer and after completing this course how we get job ? please tell me i hope you reply me soon.....
21st October 2013, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Quote:
dear sir,

karam karo phal ki chinta math karo
19th January 2014, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

i m student of arts stream. Can i will be software Engineer.¿.¿.
18th February 2014, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I m study of 12th class for commerce stream. Can i will be software engineering plz tell me sir
18th February 2014, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I m study of 12th class for commerce stream. Can i will be software engineering plz tell me sir
18th February 2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

18th February 2014, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

28th April 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do software engineering but i haven't learnt computers in 11th and 12th class. Will it prove good for me?

ya.....i also it is good for you .Try to study c or cpp it is the base for all programing languages
20th May 2014, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
ya.....i also it is good for you .Try to study c or cpp it is the base for all programing languages
Its a great choice if u have logical and analytical skills. Don't be like all Indian programmers. Be a software engineer not a coder, u'll fly high for sure!
23rd May 2014, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

i am going to collage now 1st year iam taking computer science what can i do after 2
22nd July 2014, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

which is the best college in india from where I can do software engineering Sir.. pls Tell me.....
22nd July 2014, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

which is the best college in india from where I can do software engineering Sir.. pls Tell me.....
1st August 2014, 06:07 AM
Unregistered

it has very vast scope. you can work online. on diff site can make your on site thousand of companies offer jobs. you can work every where at home at office at park. Salary starts from 30000 you can earn more than 25 lac per month after becomng xpert. and much more
28th September 2014, 03:08 AM
AMMZ KHAN

Smile Re: What is the scope in software engineering? How much is the salary?

Quote:
is there neccessery for software engineering reconization with (PEC)??????
bro BSIT, BSCS AND BSSE are not engineerings in the list of HEC so there is no need to recongnized by PEC. BS COMPUTER ENGINEERING IS engineering coz to do it u need to get 60 percent marks. HEC APPROVES all these three degrees BSIT,BSCS AND BSSE so if u want to do it then go ahead there is nothing to worry. YOU will become a programmer or a software developer. BEST OF LUCK.
16th January 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Yes today the number of social networking sites and other software companies is increaseing this will surely increase the job offers and the salary is more than you think
10th August 2015, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my inter fsc but i'm.now confused b/w softwere eng or BBA plz any one guide me which feild are better in future and also in Pakistan.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?