10th July 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

What shall I do after completion of 10th Class to become a Marine Engineer?

What to do after 10th to become marine engineer?

10th July 2012, 04:29 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do after completion of 10th Class to become a Marine Engineer?

hi,
MARINE ENGINEERING;-

IF you want to join marine engineering you have to qualify the A.I.E.E.E.
A.I.E.E.E is conducted by C.B.S.E once in a yer.

It is a all India level exam.

After qualifying this exam you can take admissions in any govt college in India.

eligibility criteria:-

>
pass 12th with minimum 50% marks from recognized university.
> age should be above 17year.
> Must be citizen of India

GOOD LUCK!
10th July 2012, 05:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do after completion of 10th Class to become a Marine Engineer?

If you aspire to become Marine Engineer, you would have to apply for the B.Tech in Marine Engineering which is a 4 years course after 10+2.

Marine Engineering is an interesting choice. Around 80 per cent of good transportation from one country to another is done through sea. Several countries depend of freights for export and imports. This is where Marine Engineering is very handy. This branch of Engineering is related to nautical science and architecture.

The job of Marine Engineer include complete responsibility of technical management of ships. What this means is that you would be responsible for selecting several machinery that is used in the ships. This include diesel engines, gas and stream turbines. Marine Engineer is responsible for managing the engine room and plays the most important role in construction, operation and maintenance of the heart of the ship which is the engine room.

There are plenty of jobs available for the Marine Engineers Navy, ship building, engine production etc with job opportunities in India and all around the world. Marine Engineers are high in demand therefore it is a good decision to choose it as profession. However before you do that, you will require to complete a B.Tech degree in Marine Engineering. To do so you are required to meet some crietria.

1. You will have to complete 12th in Science stream from any recognised school and board in India.

2. You will have to score good percentage in Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics.

3. Now you will have to take admission in B.Tech in Marine Engineering. To do so you will be required to perform well in the Engineering entrance exam. These exams include:

IIT-JEEE :- Indian Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

AIEEE :- All India Engineering Entrance Examination

BITSAT :- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test

Some good colleges to pursue Marine Engineering in India are:

Tolani maritime Institute

Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI)

T S Chanakya

Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering and Maritime Studies

Annamalai university
10th July 2012, 05:32 PM
sabav

Dear friend,

First of all congrdulation for ur aim.

Step1: finish +2 with maths & science group with higher score.
Step2: Search good colleges offering Maraine engineering.
Step3: You will get good oportunity in ur job carrier.

Thanks
10th July 2012, 09:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Marine Engineering is a branch of Merchant Navy. Marine Engineers are responsible for the efficient and smooth running of a ship.

To become an Marine Engineer one should have applied for B.E. in Marine Engineering for which the candidate should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of studies with good percentage of marks from a recognised Board and above the age of 17 years.

So to become an Marine Engineer after completion of 10th standard you should have studied 10+2 with PCM and apply for the marine Engineering course through entrance exam like IIT JEE/AIEEE/BISAT etc.
29th November 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

suggest me a college in mumbai for marine engineering after 12th
29th November 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

suggest me a marine engineering college in mumbai
24th December 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Which college is better for marine engineering?
Can girls become a marine engineer?
25th December 2012, 07:49 AM
muse65

If you want to Join in Marine Engineering you should have an aggregate of 50% in your 10+2.

You should appear for Entrance Examination and should get good ranks

List of Entrance Examinations for Marine Engineering

[B]

** MERI - Marine Engineering and Research Institute

** IIT-JEE

** AICET - All India Common Entrance Test

** IMU CET - Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test

** GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

There are some other universities which provides Post Graduation in Marine Engineering by conduction Entrance Examination of their College apart from GATE

** Andhra University

** Chidambaram Institution of Maritime Technology
5th January 2013, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME A MARINE ENGINNER AFTER 10 SUGEST ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I HAVE DONE 4 YRS COURSE INSEA CADET CORPS
28th November 2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a mechanical engineer.in 10th class my percent is 92.i want to give entrance exam of polytechni immidietly
19th June 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i want to become marine engineer , what step i take after 10 and i have 93.60 in class 10
20th April 2017, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

What is the combination in science stream to be taken to become a marine engineer?
27th July 2017, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Which and where are the good institute for study the marine engineerung in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?