7th January 2017, 12:08 PM
nimesha weerasingha

What should a Commerce graduate do to join Custom Officer job? How much salary I can get after joining it?

Hello sir, I am graduate in Commerce and want to become a Custom Officer. Please tell me what should I do for it? How much salary I can get after joining it?

15th January 2017, 07:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should a Commerce graduate do to join Custom Officer job? How much salary I can get after joining it?

For recruitment as Custom officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service entrance examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination. The salary of custom officer is around 50,000 and increases with each pay commission.
15th January 2017, 09:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should a Commerce graduate do to join Custom Officer job? How much salary I can get after joining it?

After bachelor's degree in commerce, you can apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Revenue Services for becoming custom officer.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit is 21-32 years.

At present, salary is Rs 45,000 plus allowances. The latest salary is yet to be updated after A.K Mathure 7th Pay commission recommendations.
15th January 2017, 10:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

How to become Custom officer?

*Commerce graduate can apply for Civil Services examination and crack various stages of this exam to become custom officer.

*For Civil Services examination, the eligibility criteria is bachelor's degree in any discipline.

*Age criteria for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

Stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Main examination.

Personal interview.

The salary is around Rs 50,000 per month including TA and DA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?