11th June 2016, 03:39 PM
Sangeetady

What should I choose between Teaching and Corporate Job?

I was working as Software Tester from last two Yrs, But now i left my job and i joined Teaching field from last 6 months as a visitor faculty but now i am not getting a proper full time job because they want NET/SET Clear People.

Now i am worried and confused now what to do? should i join the job again or i will study and try to clear the examination of NET/SET and then try in the teaching field.

What is the best filed for Long term?

11th June 2016, 10:23 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: What should I choose between Teaching and Corporate Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetady View Post
I was working as Software Tester from last two Yrs, But now i left my job and i joined Teaching field from last 6 months as a visitor faculty but now i am not getting a proper full time job because they want NET/SET Clear People.

Now i am worried and confused now what to do? should i join the job again or i will study and try to clear the examination of NET/SET and then try in the teaching field.

What is the best filed for Long term?
Since you have worked in corporate sector and now you are working as a teacher. You must be aware of both kind of job pattern, pressure, scope, interest & pay.
Since you are looking for long term & stability in your career, i suggest you to choose that field which will give you satisfaction more than anything else.
However, teaching job is more stable. After completing NET/SET/TET you will be employed in various government school & colleges. You can even become principal after getting experience. It will be a life long career.
On the other hand, corporate field has no guarantee if you are working for a company your pays
depends on your performance in order to growth of their business. But if you really like to be related to corporate world you should stick to a company and after getting knowledge and exprience you can build your own company in corporate world and become a businessman.
12th June 2016, 08:35 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I choose between Teaching and Corporate Job?

# Here I would like to advice you to go for preparing for NET/SET. If I were you, then I will surely go for preparation of NET/SET.

# Scope of NET/SET:

* It makes the candidate eligible for Lectureship.
* Helpful in getting Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

# Qualifying NET/SET does not entitled the candidate for any job placement. It only makes the candidate eligible to apply for lecture job in any UGC recognised university.

# According to sixth pay commission, the tentative annual salary of professor is as under:

* Rs. 11.88 Lac for Professor
* 9.33 Lac for Associate Professor
* 6.80 Lac for Assistant Professor (senior)
* 5.75 Lac for Assistant Professor (selection grade)
* 4.92 Lac for Assistant Professor (junior)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?