24th January 2019, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.Com and PGDCA? M.Com or MCA?

Hi, my name is Jay and I have completed my B.Com last year with first class and now I'm doing PGDCA. But, I'm confused between MCA or M.Com. So, what can I go for after PGDCA? Between these options which would be most suitable and job oriented?

31st January 2019, 07:53 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after B.Com and PGDCA? M.Com or MCA?

Sine you are doing PGDCA after B.Com, my suggestion for you would be to go for MCA course. The job opportunities are limited to M.Com course but there are wide range of job opportunities for MCA candidates in Software companies.

MCA stands for the Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Post Graduation course being offered by most of the colleges in India.

Below is the eligibility criteria to join MCA course.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

If you meet the above eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Entrance Exam.

There would be state level Entrance Exams to join this course like
TANCET
ICET

If you want to pursue this course in NIT's, you can apply for NIMCET Exam.

Since you are from B.Com course in Graduation, you won't be having Mathematics subject in Graduation. If you don't have it in 10+2 also, you can not join this course. But don't join M.Com course. Please go for MBA course with the below specializations.
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?