26th February 2018, 12:35 PM
Erick Makloan mongar

What should I do after finishing B.Com and PGDCA? Should I opt for MBA or M.Com?

I have completed my B.Com Honors in Accountancy and after that I have done PGDCA in Computer Application. So now I'm confused should I go for MBA or M.Com? So any one can guide me. What should I do?

28th February 2018, 07:12 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after finishing B.Com and PGDCA? Should I opt for MBA or M.Com?

Master of Business Administration is a professional course and more suitable option for you to get good jobs in private sector as compared to Master of Commerce. There are many entrance exams for admission in MBA.

1. Common Admission Test: For admission in top MBA colleges of India.

2. Management Aptitude Test.

2. Xavier's Aptitude test.

To apply for CAT, you should have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
28th February 2018, 10:04 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after finishing B.Com and PGDCA? Should I opt for MBA or M.Com?

After completion of Bachelor's degree in commerce, you should pursue Master's degree in Commerce.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted by CBSE on behalf of University Grants Commission. You can become eligible for Lecturer and Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream with 55% marks in post graduation.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
28th February 2018, 10:06 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

MBA and M.Com both are decent post graduation course to pursue.

However, nowadays, MBA has a good scope over M.Com course.

In case, if you are pursuing MBA in Finance, HR, Marketing or Management from top B-schools like IIMs, then you can get job into reputed MNCs or Banks.

For getting admission into IIMs, you will have to crack CAT exam that is conducted every year jointly by these IIMs.
28th February 2018, 12:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me as per your qualification PGDCA you should go for MBA.
But it depends on your interest that what you want to pursue either MBA or M.Com.
Both streams are better and career oriented.
You will get government job also.

Some of the jobs are as follows:-

SSC

Bank

Railways

Lecturer

UPSC

BPSC
28th February 2018, 01:24 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

** As per my suggestion you can go for MBA course after completing B.Com course rather than M.Com course.

** Master of Business Administration is a Postgraduate Academic Master Degree and the duration of MBA course is two years.

SCOPE AFTER MBA COURSE

EMPLOYMENT AREA
  1. Business Consultancies.
  2. Educational Institutes.
  3. Export Companies.
  4. Financial Organizations.
  5. Industrial Houses.
  6. Brand & Marketing.
  7. Non-profit Organizations.
  8. Personal Business.

JOBS TYPE
  1. Equity Research Analysts.
  2. HR Generalist Business Partner.
  3. Management Consultant.
  4. Marketing Manager.
  5. IT Services Marketing Head.
  6. Project Managers.
28th February 2018, 02:03 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

It completely depends on you.

MCom and MBA are two entirely different courses.

If you have interest in Commerce, go for MCom else go for MBA as you will get a nice package after MBA from a good college.
28th February 2018, 05:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The selection course after bachelor's degree should be done on candidate's own interest in particular stream. You should first assess what you want to achieve five years down the line and according to it, you can select any course.

Both MBA and M.Com are good course. They have different career opportunities. MBA, being a professional course have better job opportunities.
28th February 2018, 05:49 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Without any doubt, you should select Master of Business Administration.

MBA is post graduation course of duration two years. The top Business Schools are Indian Institute of Management.

Admission is done on performance of candidate in entrance exam like:

Common Admission Test: You should have 50% marks or more in bachelor's degree.

Other exams are MAT, XAT, SNAP etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?