15th September 2020, 01:31 AM
@lucky123

What should I do to appear in the IAS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Hi everyone, I am a Mechanical Engineer and I have completed Diploma in this year. I want to appear in the IAS exam. What I have to do for appearing in this recruitment exam?

20th September 2020, 08:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to appear in the IAS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

To appear in the Civil Services examination (popularly known as IAS Examination or UPSC Examination), the minimum education is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So,having completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree course, to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination, you need to pursue a bachelor degree course first as Diploma in Engineering course is not equivalent to a graduation degree course.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th September 2020, 03:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to appear in the IAS exam being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Diploma is not equivalent to bachelor degree. So, you will become eligible to appear for examination after completion of bachelor degree course. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?