15th September 2020, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the NDA exam being a 10th Commerce student? Criteria to appear in the NDA exam?

Hello Sir, I am in 10th standard and I am a Commerce student. Can I apply for the NDA examination right now? What is the criteria for appearing in the NDA exam? Please let me know as soon as possible.

20th September 2020, 09:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the NDA exam being a 10th Commerce student? Criteria to appear in the NDA exam?

Being a student of Class 10th, you are not eligible for appearing in NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination as the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

For complete details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th September 2020, 01:56 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the NDA exam being a 10th Commerce student? Criteria to appear in the NDA exam?

No, you cannot apply for NDA exam as you are currently in 10th standard.

To be eligible for appearing in NDA exam, you must be appearing/passed in 12th standard in any stream from a recognized Board.

There are three wings to join through NDA. You can join anyone among them. But these wings are stream specific.

Here are the three wings listed below:
  • Air Force - Physics, Mathematics required in 12th
  • Navy - Physics, Mathematics required in 12th
  • Army - Any stream (Commerce/Science/Arts)

Criteria for appearing NDA Exam:
  • Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam
  • Age of the candidate should be between 16 to 19 years. (Specifically, DOB should be between 1st Jan 2005 and 2nd Jan 2002)
  • 10+2 passed/appearing in any stream
20th September 2020, 03:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

Examination is conducted in two stages. Two stages are Written and SSB.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?