27th January 2016, 02:12 AM
vipul3737

What should I do to get job in Gulf countries after Civil engineering?

Sir My Self Bipul Kumar and I am student of civil engineering in india sir i want to do job in dubai, doha qatar etc. after my graduation i mean urban states sir what should i do for it?

28th December 2016, 09:43 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do to get job in Gulf countries after Civil engineering?

Civil Engineering is one of the most coveted engineering streams in the world. It is indeed one of the three evergreen areas of engineering studies namely Electrical, Mechanical and Civil. Thus, it is a very good thing that you have graduated in Civil Engineering.

Needless to say it also has a variety of options when it comes to career and job opportunities. Civil Engineers cater to the following sectors that are primarily linked to construction:

Contractual Jobs
Site Engineering
Design and Architecture
Site Survey
Structure
Water etc...

Moreover, Civil Engineers are involved in critical work as the structures that are made must adhere to safety standards of that particular government and area.

Coming to your query of getting Civil Engineering jobs in gulf countries, I would recommend you visiting a few of those countries first to check how the government and people function there. India is a different country and every other country may seem really good from here.

Please take note that Gulf Countries are high on architecture and have one of the world's best structures and buildings which means that the Civil Engineers that are employed there are of very high calibre and quality. You must establish some connection with anybody known living there such that you can apply to companies that need Civil Engineers there.

There is no doubt that many engineers from around the globe visit Gulf countries in purpose of work but provided you have the necessary knowledge and quality in your work.

Also note that the kind of experience you have would also play a very important role in determining your scope in getting a job in the gulf. The real estate and construction companies there prefer people with relevant work experience in Civil Engineering Domain.

Thus, if you wish to apply for jobs in the gulf try the following:

1. Get relevant work experience in the civil engineering domain.
2. Increase your knowledge about the trends in construction, materials used, future of civil engineering and such areas so that you can be an all rounder.
3. Try to apply for jobs in the gulf through internet / personal contacts / companies. You can also try for jobs in India that send you abroad for projects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?