11th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Max_Sreejith

What should I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research?

Hey..
I have passed HSC examination with 80% in Maharashtra. I have a great interest in Space research and I want to pursue a career in this field. What should I do ahead in order to achieve a successful career in Space research? please suggest some guidelines...

20th October 2011, 11:37 AM
biswas1908

Default Re: What should I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research?

for that you can opt for Engineering with aerspace or aeronautics and later can go head for masters in Aestrophysics and space science. Remember there are limited seat for the above masters couse and exams are very tough.

So best of luck.
5th November 2011, 04:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research?

Hi

Once you complete your 10+2, you have to sit for engineering entrance exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE and other Regional Colleges.

You have to clear any one of the above exams, if you are to get admission in any one of the government colleges all over India.

You can take up the following streams in engineering, which is related to space research in some way or the other:

1. Aeronautics

2. Electronics and Communication

3. Electrical

4. Mechanical

5. Civil

Complete your graduation in any one you choose, and then do your M Tech.

This masters is required, because space research is a very complex career. You have to be very thorough with your academics in order to go for research.

Sit for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) for M Tech admissions in IIT's and NIT's all over India.

Doing M Tech from a good institute matters a lot.

After M Tech you can apply in the following organizations :

1. NASA

2. ISRO

3. Satish Dhawan Space Centre

4. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.

5. And many more in Russia, Europe and America.

So just for ISRO, I am telling you the eligibility criteria:

1. It conducts an entrance exam, and the seats are based on the vacancies.

2. You have to be a minimum Master's graduate in any discipline, and your age should not be more than 30 years.

Also many research centres ask for a lot of experience, so establishing yourself in this field would take time and effort.

All the best.
7th November 2011, 02:40 AM
samspat

hi

I do to go ahead with a successful career in space research

Aeronautics
Electronics and Communication
Electrical
Mechanical
Civil
all the best
18th May 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

iI want to do a career in space research.what steps should i follow to achieve it from 10th?
18th July 2012, 10:42 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

After complteing 10+2 with PCM subjects, you should sit in the examinations like IITJEE/AIEEE etc. to make your self eligible for the engineering courses. If you have great interest in space science then you should try for AeroSpace or Aeronautics engineering, after this you can make your self available for Space research centres but your posting will be directly proportional to your hard work and knowledge. So, you should work hard.

Wish you all the very best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?