5th March 2012, 06:13 PM
nikhilab

What should I do to improve myself in Mathematics?

i want to be best in mathematics to appear to iit jee what will i do for it ??

9th March 2012, 06:04 PM
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to improve myself in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilab View Post
i want to be best in mathematics to appear to iit jee what will i do for it ??

How to Excel in IIT-JEE Math?

Hello NIKHIL,
Great to see that you are Interested in Maths and its Good to be Enthusiastic About it at the IITs too..
Let me Tell You Some Things in Brief! Here We Go:
  • Clear Concepts:
    Have all Your Concepts Clear and Most Importantly your basics Should have a Strong Foundation, Because what JEE Requires is that Whether a Particular Candidate is sound with his basic Concepts like you know 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Maths would Suffice!!!
  • Formulae:
    Coming to the Formulae, Yes, You need to Be a Perfectionist in this Stuff. Because you know, there's No math Without these Formulae. So By-hearting all those Dirty Looking Formulae is a MUST!!!
    For Example, Let me Tell you, (Or may be seeing your Interest, it might have Already occured to you), i.e, "Practise Makes Man Perfect".. Sounds weird huh?? okay, here it is! Once you start solving a Particular Problem involving a Particular Formula, may be you don't get it the Very First time. Then you go on with your Second Attempt, and so on... In the End, You Observe that You have Already mastered that particular Formula. And when the Same Problem is Put again to You the Next time, You actually Crack it Without going through the Formula Again!
    So there you are, Through Constant Practise, you could actually Crack that Sort of Problems..
  • Choosing Your Topics:
    Now this is Something Very Few People Put into Practise!
    May be you are the Master of all your Concepts and Stuff, But the Real Intelligent Guy can Easily Surpass you if you Don't Choose your Topics Wisely and Categorise 'em into the Right Channels.. Well Bro, Listen, Categorise Your Topics in may be like you know "Hard, Medium & Easy"..
    The Main Aim here is that, you get to solve your easy buts First and Then Later On carry with all Those Hard Ones.. Saves Pretty Much Time Indeed. Try it and Test it Yourself!!!
  • Time Management:
    Okay, So you're done with Your Concepts, Your Formulae, and also done with "Intelligently" choosing your Topics; Now the Most Important Factor is the "Time Constraint"
    Dude, Listen, JEE is All About How well You Manage your time and How Well you Plan your 3 hours in a Most Satisfactory & in a Productive Way!!!
    Practice with this thing in mind at your Work Place and See yourself Improving!!!
  • Previous Years Pattern & Weightage:
    Look at the Past Year papers and Watch out for the Examiner's Favorite areas of Questioning!!!
    Go through the Following Thing Better:

Cutoff Marks

Aggregate Total of Different Categories

Aggregate and Subject Wise marks

Opening and Closing Ranks

So that's It Dude.. I think that would Suffice it!!!

All The Very Best Bro!!! \m/

Regards,

Nik

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?