28th July 2019, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

What should I study for becoming an I.A.S Officer?

What type of course and what type of degree should I take to be beneficial for appearing the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) examination? Should I go for B.A or BBA? Which would help me more for preparation of IAS examination?

26th August 2019, 03:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study for becoming an I.A.S Officer?

For appearing in IAS Exam (i.e. Civil Services Exam), you will have to qualify three stages namely
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview

And, to be eligible for appearing in this exam, you should have completed graduation in any field (B.Tech/BBA/BA/B.Sc./B.Com/BCA,etc.). So, you can pursue BBA or BA as per your interest in that particular course.

In Preliminary exam, you need to qualify two papers i.e. General Studies-I and General Studies-II, so selection of graduation course won't have any impact in your Preliminary section.

However, in Mains exam, you will have to select any particular subject. So, if you are opting for BBA course to pursue. Then, you can choose commerce related subject in Mains exam. While if you are pursuing BA course then, you can select Arts and Humanities related subject in Mains exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?