14th December 2019, 08:46 PM
07RISHAV DEV

What should I study to make a career in Astrobiology?

Hi, I want to make my career in Astrobiology. I have recently qualified my 10th Board exams. So, could you please guide me which subject combination should I choose in my 11th and 12th and which course should I study after my Intermediate?

15th December 2019, 09:41 AM
Hydroponicpali

Default Re: What should I study to make a career in Astrobiology?

You can choose any subject for your 12th standards. So, go for those subject in which your interest is best.

Undergraduates and graduate students with a degree in Astrobiology can look forward to an astrobiology career such as:
**Astronomy.
**Geology.
**Space Sciences Research.
**Biomedical Research.
**Environment Research.
**Post-Secondary Teaching.
**University-based Research.
15th December 2019, 04:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Here are the three simple things that is required.
Take Biology in your 12th.
Keep your concepts very clear.
The grades that you get in India won't matter much. Try searching for good grade college of astrology in India and the states.
To become eligible for the requirement you will have to do some sort of higher courses in the states which would act as a base to evaluate you.
15th December 2019, 05:07 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Astrobiology is the study of evolution and history of universe-extraterrestrial life and life on Earth.
This is a very tough field which has place only for the best professionals and researchers.
It is good to see that you are preparing for this field. For this field, you need to have knowledge about geology and be an expert in mathematics.
So you need to undertake technical courses in the field of geology which will help you in getting into this field.

IIST is the best institute for you to pursue the undergraduate course since the passouts from it are directly incorporated by ISRO as research Scholars and hence you can get into this field easily.

You should take up the following subjects and must appear in the ISAT exam to get admission in IIST.
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Mathematics
-Biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?