17th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

What should I take after 12th to become an IAS officer?

Hello!

I am a college student. I've taken Commerce SP. Actually I was having a doubt whether after 12th, what should I take? Should I directly go for the examination of UPSC of should I complete some course?
Please Help.

Thank You.

Related Questions:
14th February 2014, 10:10 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I take after 12th to become an IAS officer?

For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree in Mathematics, statistics, Geology, natural science, civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, economics, Chemical Engineering. For appearing in the Civil Services, there is mainly three stage qualification process. They offer courses like i) UPSC Mains -Quality Enrichment Program (QEP), PSI/STI/Assistant exam courses. Another good coaching institute is Vision IAS Study which prepares the candidates for Civil Services Examination at all the 3 levels-Preliminary Test, Main Examination and Personality Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?