9th November 2019, 04:40 AM
Unregistered

What is steps for doing PhD after M.Com?

Hi Sir, I have completed my M.Com and now wants to do PhD. How should I proceed with this? And, since I have done M.Com then which subject should I choose for PhD?

15th November 2019, 03:48 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is steps for doing PhD after M.Com?

It is a good decision to go for Ph.D after completion of M.Com course. Ph.D stands for Doctor of Philosophy. It would take 3-5 years to complete the course.

Since you have completed M.Com in your Post Graduation, I would suggest you to opt for Ph.D in Commerce which will add value to your Ph.D and for job opportunities as well.

There are 2 modes to join Ph.D - one with Entrance Exam and the other mode is without Entrance Exam.

Usually candidates who have done M.Phil course or the candidates who already received fellowship through National level Entrance Exams like
CSIR/UGC NET
AIMA PHD
DET

All other candidates have to take the Entrance Exam. You should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in your M.Com course to be eligible for the Entrance Exam.

Once you crack the Entrance Exam, you will be called for Personal Interview.

In the Interview, they will test your knowledge and review your research proposal and confirm your admission to Ph.D course.

Once you complete the course, you can get very good job opportunities in the following areas
Finance Operations
Mutual Funds
Stock Brokers
Insurance Companies
Universities
Colleges etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?