30th August 2012, 04:41 PM

What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?

I want to become an ias officer.at this stage what steps i have to follow,and at what time it is better to take coaching ?please give me suggestions..
thanking you
I am vijaya.B,doing BTECH 3rd year EEE.

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  3. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  4. What should I do to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester B.Tech in EEE?
  5. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a 3rd year student pursuing B.E -- [New]
  6. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Job Opportunities for me in today market being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE? Am I eligible for M.Tech in Machine Designing?
  8. How to get a job in railway? I am pursuing B>E 3rd year EEE
  9. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  10. How to work as a scientist in ISRO while pursuing first year B.Tech in EEE
  11. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  12. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  13. Which books should I refer for IAS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  14. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  15. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in EEE?
  17. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  18. How to get Job in Robotics being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
31st August 2012, 10:01 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I want to become an ias officer.at this stage what steps i have to follow,and at what time it is better to take coaching ?please give me suggestions..
thanking you
I am vijaya.B,doing BTECH 3rd year EEE.
Hey friend,

The steps to be followed in order to become a IAS officer is that you need to write the IAS exam as it is the procedure.

The candidates are selected for the post through 3 stages:

> Preliminary exam

> Main Exam

> Interview

Optional Subject For IAS Main Exam:

Qualification Needed:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification

~ The candidate should be a citizen of India

~ The age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age for General Category.

~ For the candidate of SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.For ex-service men they get a exception of 5 years from the prescibed limits.

~ The education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage

~ Even final degree exam candidate is eligible to apply for the exam

Satisfy them all in order to apply for the IAS exam as you are satisfying the education qualification but still you need to satisfy the rest to be eligible.

More Details:

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
31st August 2012, 10:12 PM
incredibleshub

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?

To be an IAS officer you have to fill the forms of civil services which is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

IAS stands for Indian administrative officer and the selection of IAS officer is done through the Civil services exam.First of all you have to buy the application form from the post offcies of india which comes out in the month of January.

The fees of application form is free for SC/ST and reserved categories but it will cost you Rs 100 if you are from general category student.

THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS is:

1)A candidate must have passed his graduation in any field from any recognized university.
2)A candidate in the final year of graduation is also eligible for the IAS exam.
3)Natonality:

* Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
* For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

1. a citizen of India,
2. a subject of Nepal,
3. a subject of Bhutan,
4. Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India.

4)Age limit: A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

For SC/ST 5 years of relaxation.
For OBC 3 years of relaxation.

5)Number of attempts:

* General candidates: four attempts.
* Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
* Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:

The test conducted is of three types:

1)CSAT(civil services aptitude test)
2)MAINS TEST
3)personal interview.

You will allowed to appear in the mains only if you qualify the CSAT exam.And you will be interviewed only when you have cleared the mains exam.

GOOD LUCK.
31st August 2012, 11:07 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

HI dear.............
As you are pursuing 3rd year B.tech after final year or in Final year you can apply for IAS exam for which you have to appear Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility criteria :
*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.
*The No.Of Attempt.
General=4 times
SC/ST = Unlimited.
OBC = 7times.

Exam pattern:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
7th November 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/mam, could u please describe about all papers(written Exams) for IAS exams!!
15th November 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Hai friends!! I am also ias aspiring student.i know something how can become an ias officer . First of all you must read everyday your reginol news paper and one english news paper like hindu or ToI so on. Secondly you should prefare one course plan and according to that you study one by one very deeply. And then lastly before the exam you should all the course plan to be one riview. You will ; you can;
11th September 2013, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir.... M doin btech 3rd year CSE Bt i want to become IAS officer thn wt i should do first....
24th May 2014, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed my 12th examination with mathematics and i want to become an i a s officer then is it fine that b a is fine degree
25th May 2014, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir.... M doin b.sc 3rd year aviation management Bt i want to become I.A.S officer then wt i should do first..??
8th March 2015, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi! friends,i am atikur i want to be ias after completing b.tech in E.E .What would be syllabus.AND how prepare?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?