21st July 2021, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

What subject should we take to become an IPS Officer?

What subject should we take to become ips officer i have completed my 12 standard cec group subject combination.

23rd July 2021, 04:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subject should we take to become an IPS Officer?

To become an I.P.S officer, candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

For appearing in Civil Service examination the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you can pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to become eligible to appear in the examination. It is mandatory to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

You need to do preparation with dedication, determination and devotion to qualify in the examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th July 2021, 03:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

Further, to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, as far as the eligibility for appearing in the same examination is concerned you can opt for any stream of your choice and strength for your bachelor degree. But, at the same time I would like to advise you to opt for the subject which you are looking to take as an optional paper while appearing in the Civil Services Main Examination.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th July 2021, 08:12 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

If you want to have a base or background for the exam syllabus, then you can choose the Commerce or Humanities streams. These streams allow you to study subjects such as History, Geography, Civics, and Economics that are important in the Civil Services exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?