21st September 2019, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects required for joining NDA with Commerce stream?

Sir, I want join NDA but I don't understand Science very well. So, I am a bit confused that I can attempt for NDA exam with Commerce stream also? What if I take Mathematics as one of my major subjects in Commerce stream?

26th September 2019, 10:20 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subjects required for joining NDA with Commerce stream?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same academy, you are required to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year. Further, NDA has three wings which includes Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air force.

--> Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. But, to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force wing of NDA, you are required to have studied Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having completed your Class 12th with commerce stream, you are still eligible to apply for NDA examination to join its Indian Army wing as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details and updates regarding upcoming NDA examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov,in.
26th September 2019, 06:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subjects required for joining NDA with Commerce stream?

Note that you can join NDA even if you are from Commerce stream.

NDA has following wings to join:
  • Army wing - Physics and Mathematics not required
  • Navy wing - Physics and Mathematics required
  • Air Force wing - Physics and Mathematics required
Since, you are from Commerce stream, so you can join NDA for Army wing.

But, if you wish to join Navy or Air Force wing, then you must have Physics as well as Mathematics as your 10+2 primary subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?