1st March 2013, 10:39 AM
divya go

What is the syllabus and eligibility for FCI?

i am a student of bsc food tech.i want to know about the eligibility,syllabus and how to prepare for fci?

4th March 2013, 07:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus and eligibility for FCI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divya go View Post
i am a student of bsc food tech.i want to know about the eligibility,syllabus and how to prepare for fci?

FCI stands for Food Corporation of India .This exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission .

FCI conduct the recruitment of the post of General, depot, technical and account .

AG-III (General): Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

AG-III (Accounts): Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized university

AG-III (Technical): B.Sc in Agriculture from a recognized university

OR

B.Sc with any of the following subjects from a recognized university Botany/Zoology/Bio-Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Microbiology/Food Science

OR

B.Tech/B.E. in Food Science/Food Science and Technology/Agricultural Engineering/Bio-Technology from a recognized university/an institution approved by AICTE .

AG-III (Depot): Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

All Post required Computer knowledge.

Yes B.Sc in Food Technology candidate are applicable for FCI Exam.

The Applicant age must not more than 27 years and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories .Age relaxation is provide as per reservation policy .

For FCI Exam preparation you should follow below given books whcih are very helpful for you.

Best Books for FCI Exam:-

Food Corporation of India (FCI) Assistant Grade-III Recruitment Exam for General, Depot, Technical and Account Cadre (Paper - 1, 2 & 3)
by Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications

FCI Food Corporation of India: Assistant Grade-III Practice work Book (Paper - 1)
by Kiran Prakashan
Publisher: Kiran Prakashan

FCI Food Corporation Of India: Assistant Grade III Exam Complete Book
by Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan

FCI Paper-II,General, Depot & Accounts Cadres PWB
by Kiran Prakashan
Publisher: Kiran Prakashan

SSC FCI Combined Recruitment Assistant Guide Grade 3 (Paper - 1)
by SAP
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

Ultimate Guide for FCI Assistant Grade - 3 Recruitment Exam Paper 1 & 2
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Experts

FCI Food Corporation of India Assistant Grade-3: Recruitment Examination Guide
by Manoj Kumar Singh
Publisher: Unique Publishers

I have attached the syllabus of FCI exam so please check it out.This papers are really helpful for you.

For online application for this exam , you can visit to http://ssconline.nic.in and http://ssconline2.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Full Syllabus of FCI Exam.pdf(62.5 KB, 562 views)
4th March 2013, 11:51 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

FCI Exam Details:-

FCI stands for Food Corporation of India. The FCI exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Committee for the recruitment of Assistant Grade – III in the following cadres:
  1. General
  2. Depot
  3. Technical
  4. Account

Educational Qualification:

AG-III (General): You should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. You should have prior knowledge about how to operate a computer.

AG-III (Accounts): You need to have an undergraduate degree in commerce from a recognized university. You should know how to use computer.

AG-III (Technical): You should have a B.Sc degree in agriculture

(OR)

You should have a B.Sc degree in any one of the following subjects: Botany/Zoology/Bio-Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Microbiology/Food Science

(OR)

You should have a B.Tech/B.E. in Food Science/Food Science and Technology/Agricultural Engineering/Bio-Technology from an institution recognized by AICTE.

AG-III (Depot): You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Knowledge of how to use a computer is a must in this case as well.

Age Limit:- The upper age limit for the general category candidates is 27 years.

Age Relaxation:- There is age relaxation for the following reserved category candidates:

~SC/ST Candidates: 5 yrs.
~OBC Candidates: 3 yrs.
~PWD Candidates: 10 yrs.
~PWD Candidates(OBC): 13 yrs.
~PWD Candidates(SC/ST): 15 yrs.

Examination Pattern:-

The written examination of General, Depot and Accounts Cadres consists of two papers- Paper I and II. For the technical cadre there is the paper I and III. Paper I and II is of higher secondary level and paper III is of degree level.

Paper I Exam Pattern:-
  1. General Intelligence
  2. General Awareness
  3. Quantitative Aptitude
  4. English Language

Paper II Exam Pattern:-
  1. Quantitative Methods
  2. English Language & Comprehension

Paper III Exam Pattern:-

For paper III generally questions are asked from the following subjects: Microbiology, Botany, Bio-Chemistry, Zoology, Bio-technology and Agriculture Engineering.

Hope this helps :->
5th March 2013, 09:52 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, Surely you are eligible for applying FCI Exam after completing your B.Sc in Food Technology......

According to the eligibility Require for FCI state that a candidate should have completed at least their Graduation degree in Food/Biology/Botany etc. From Recognized Universities are eligible for it...

Age of candidate should be not exist 27 years, Relaxation is available for Reserved category as per Government Rule.....

Syllabus Content:

General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
General Awareness: For Testing General Awarness
Quantitative Aptitude: To test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate...
English Language : Candidate’s ability to understand correct English...

Here i have attached Full Syllabus Content Please Check it out it will Help You a lot.....

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FCI-Syllabus.pdf(62.5 KB, 286 views)
5th March 2013, 03:37 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Divya,

The acronym for FCI is Food Corporation of India.

SSC conducts FCI examination for the posts of General, Depot, Account and Technical.

The eligibilitycriteria required for FCI examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of in any discipline for General and Depot posts from any recognized college or university.

* Completion of graduation in Commerce stream for Account post from any approved college or university.

* Completion of graduation in Science stream in Agriculture for Technical post from any accredited college or university.

* Good knowledge of Computer for all posts.

* Age limit:- 21-27 yrs.

* Completion of graduation in Food Science/Bio-Chemistry/Botany/Zoology/Bio-Technology/Microbiology from any recognised college or university.

* Completion of B.Tech/B.E. in Bio-Technology/Food Science/Agricultural Engineering/Food Science and Technology from an AICTE recognised university.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
5th March 2013, 07:27 PM
march3

hello friends...

to your problem solve

following the link
http://privatejobshub.blogspot.in/20...m-pattern.html
your problem will be solve

all the best
30th March 2013, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

i have done B.El.Ed(bachelor of elementary education) from delhi university with biology as a subject . i have got roll no. for fci technical cadre paper 3. Am i eligible for this post?
30th March 2013, 12:03 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

F.C.I. stands for Food Corporation of India.
It is responsible for ensuring food security to India.

The syllabus for FCI Exam is provided below:

>>General Awareness
>>Reasoning
>>Computer Awareness
>>General Intelligence
>>Current Affairs
>>Numerical Aptitude
>>Data Analysis & sufficiency
>>General English

For more details just go to http://fciweb.nic.in/

>The maximum age limit for this exam is 27 years.
Also there is relaxation provided to different categories:

SC/ST candidates : 5 years
OBC candidate : 3 years
Physically Handicapped : 10 years.
Ex- servicemen : 3 years.
Widows / Divorced Women : 8 years

Best of luck........
30th March 2013, 02:49 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Eligibility requirement for FCI Exam

Educational qualification
~You should have a graduation degree in Biology/Chemistry/Agriculture/Forestry from recognized university.
~If you degree is from distance mode then your degree should be approved from the DEC.

~Your minimum age should be 18 years.
~Your age should not be above 28 years.

Marks

~Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 60%.

Syllabus and Exam Pattern for FCI Exam

You should p[repare for this exam as per its syllabus.The books which you should follow are :-

4th July 2013, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

sir what percentage in graduation required for fci ?
22nd July 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my graduation in biotechnology with 56%...I m eglible for FCI or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?