24th April 2018, 08:46 PM
DIVYA .G

What is the syllabus and exam pattern for entrance exam of M.Sc Mathematics?

How can I prepare for entrance exams of M.Sc Mathematics? Are there any guide books or study notes available online? What is syllabus and exam pattern of it?

14th May 2018, 09:30 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the syllabus and exam pattern for entrance exam of M.Sc Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVYA .G View Post
How can I prepare for entrance exams of M.Sc Mathematics? Are there any guide books or study notes available online? What is syllabus and exam pattern of it?
The syllabus and exam pattern for entrance examination of M.SC Mathematics:

The exam will be conducted into two sections. The first section will include objective type questions having multiple choices of answers. The second section will be based on the short answer questions. Questions will be asked from the following subjects:

- Algebra

- Complex Analysis

- Calculus and Real Analysis

- Topology.

I would suggest you to prepare yourself following the last 5 years previous entrance exam question papers which you can easily download from the official website of the college. The last 5 years question papers will surely help you to crack in the entrance examination easily.
15th May 2018, 08:13 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: What is the syllabus and exam pattern for entrance exam of M.Sc Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVYA .G View Post
For doing M.Sc degree course, you will have to appear in the Entrance Examination first of all. Once you clear the entrance exam, you can pursue the M.SC degree course from the institute/college/university.

The syllabus for the entrance exam is the one which you have studied in your B.SC degree. So study thoroughly the subjects of B.SC to clear the entrance exam. For your knowledge of syllabus and pattern of question asked in the entrance exam, here I haved attached a previous year paper. Please find that and do your prepraation accordingly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M.SC Mathematics.pdf(3.82 MB, 28 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?