4th May 2010, 01:44 PM
sarbudeen_123

What are the various benefits Government gives to physically challenged students?

i am physical challanged guy i want to what are the benefits has given to me by the government.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects are included in the cutoff list of DU for BSc in Physics Honors?
  2. Best government jobs for physically challenged zoologist candidate?
  3. Reservation for physically challenged students in IIT?
  4. Can I get a government job if I am a Physically challenged student
  5. What is the price of IIT JEE form for General Category?
  6. Can I get a Government job if I have completed MS but physically challenged?
  7. Is it possible for physically challenged candidates to get government job with 58% marks in graduation?
  8. Diploma courses to become a teacher for Physically Challenged Students? Colleges and University offering the course?
  9. What are the best government jobs to apply beingor physically handicap zoologist
  10. What are the jobs offered in railways for physically challenged candidates?
  11. Education loan for 30 years old physically challenged girl?
  12. Eligibility criteria in MHT CET for physically disabled students?
  13. Can Physically Challenged persons apply for civil services examination? Age relaxation for PD candidates?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Com after scoring 50% in B.Com? I am a physically challenged person
  15. Fee reimbursement in Andhra Pradesh for physically challenged persons?
  16. Being a physically challenged person of other state(Kerala) how can I get admission for MBBS in Tamilnadu Government Colleges? What is the fee structure? How can I apply for it online?
  17. Scholarship for further studies in abroad being a Physically challenged person and financial weak? -- [New]
  18. Eligibility criteria for physically challenged candidates to appear in CMAT?
4th May 2010, 02:21 PM
satishkomer

Default Re: What are the various benefits Government gives to physically challenged students?

Dear frnd, I hope you should have your "PC" certificate.......
First of all, I would like to appricicate your vision of life.........and want to say as you r ready to face any challange no one can dare to stop you......!

Benifits as per gevernment:-

In college

Quota in seats
Scolarship for higer education
Relaxation of fees by govenement rule

For Services

Age relaxation benfit for service.
Quota for various post under state and central govenment.
Relaxation in various fees .....as entrance exam fees....

Go ahead......
Best of Luck
4th May 2010, 02:39 PM
sonal goel

Default Re: What are the various benefits Government gives to physically challenged students?

dear,
please tell me in which you require benefits either in education or in service....
if you want in eductaion then there are certain reservations and quotas in respective colleges and fields.
If you want in service or job then goverenment have certain reservations in jobs also in certain jobs like in bank jobs
You may apply for bank jobs like Bank Clerk and PO jobs of different banks.....
Government also provides various taxes and other employment benefits.
4th May 2010, 06:55 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
almost all the entrance exams have reservation for physically handicapped candidates.......like iit jee,aieee...being the most common entrance exam for engineering.....

if you want to take admission in any other course in any private institute then also there are some reserved seats which you can avail.....

best of luck
4th May 2010, 07:45 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Physically challenged people get privileges in all governmental jobs, vacancies or entrance examination. So, there is no question of benefits available! You should explore your need and then try to find the privilege that govt. has provided.
If you have some specific query in any field you can reply again mentioning that.
Thank You
Good Luck
4th May 2010, 09:22 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Being Physical Handicap is no longer hopeless thing.As because Government of India has given such Previledges to PH candidates that now they had become one of the Luckiest persons of India.

Each and every Entrance weather it is IITJEE,AIEEE,VITEEE,KIIITEE,MH-CET,WBJEE,CAT,UPSC, etc. have seat reserved for PH candidates.

All government Entrance or Jobs atc. have relaxation of 5 years in age limit and atleast 5% in aggregate.If anyorganisation does not follows the previlledege power given to PH for there welfare it will be consudered as Punish able offence.Some private organisations also come forward for helping such candidates like- NGO's.

No longer the life of PH had remain Miserable.

Best of Luck
4th May 2010, 09:35 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbudeen_123 View Post
i am physical challanged guy i want to what are the benefits has given to me by the government.
Hello,
No need to worry about your problems and not only in the studies, also in the jobs in government sectors and in some of the private software cos like TCS, Wipro, RRDonnlley are also giving preferences. If you like to opt the public sector any jobs other than defence services and police services you can try. even in the government jobs in-office jobs, they are giving preferences to these category candidates.

All the Best !!!!!
5th May 2010, 12:22 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you can get benefits like concession in your fees you can have reserve qouta in some of the colleges, you will be given priority as well as exemptions in some of the exams.all epends on the choice of field you do and the institutions policy for handicapped kds
6th May 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
HI Thanks for ur rly. Is there any way to get or any websiete is to get govt exam dates.
9th May 2010, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

what are the documents required for admission through physically challenged quota? i am preparing for iit-jee . anyone please tell me how the admission done in this quota? what are the documents required? please its urgent.
10th May 2010, 01:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are the documents required for admission through physically challenged quota? i am preparing for iit-jee . anyone please tell me how the admission done in this quota? what are the documents required? please its urgent.
I am discussing the admission method for PD candidates as latest informations and informations from Scheme of IITJEE-2010.

For PD, including leprosy-cured candidates, who are otherwise fit to pursue the course, and qualify JEE with relaxed norms relevant to this category, 3% seats are reserved in each of the categories (GE, OBC, SC, & ST) {that means weather you are GE, OBC, SC, or ST candidate if you are physically disabled, then you will be considered so) as specified by the Government of India. In case all the reserved seats are not filled, a limited number of candidates are admitted to a Preparatory Course of one-year duration on the basis of a further relaxation.

For any category of disability (for example- locomotor, visual, speech, and/or hearing etc.) benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% physical impairment.

The candidates in this category will be required to be certified by a medical board constituted by IIT during counselling. The decision of medical board will be considered as final, if board declear you PD then you will be entertained with all facilities.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
10th May 2010, 04:14 PM
quddus

Hi friend................

Yes my friend you are eligible for all entrance exams of any field. As government of india has approved the limited qouta of 10% maybe reserved for physically challenged student. So study well and all the best for your future.
Thank you!
11th May 2010, 12:05 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
there are various benifits of physically challanged candidates appearing for government jobs, some are given below:
1 there is age relaxation given to such students
2. relaxation given to the marks scored in 12th or graduation
3 special reservation quota is there
for above benifit u have to produce a pd certificte for that
all the best
19th May 2010, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

sir
what is the meaning of legend for PC in civil cervices examination.i am physically handicapped due to hemophilia disease.can i eligible for getting the resarvation.....
20th May 2010, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i am physically disable person in government sector there is any relaxation timie
26th May 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi All of you

Gone through your all comment's suggestion and thank you for taking out time for the disable / handicapp people
(who are affected by people, social life, physical life, etc one or the other time in their life)

further want to inform you that self also physically challenged person and completed my graduation and working in
shipping industry since 7 - 8 year's, and on the basis of my practical & work experience i will comment that all the
benefit's / relaxation is there for us but its not given us in proper way. Inspite of these benefit's many people like us
as at home / jobless due to un equal distribution of job's / right's in this country.

Further will request you all to inform us about any organization / ngo who are purely working for physically challenged
person's for every thing (Like education, job's, loan's, other requirement)

Sorry if my comment's made you hurt but its true & my experience.

Regards
P.S. Sundrani - 9825270508
Gujarat State
1st June 2010, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Private company give the preference to handicapped or not for TCS wipro,infosys etc i want to work in such company how to apply in these company
9th June 2010, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

hello, i am dipak patel . i so much worry about my future . i am schoolar student in school as well as in my college. but i fear regarding job becoz i do lot of struggle in study. i unable to walk. i study now in m.s(pharma) in niper-ahmedabad. can i capable do job in industry?
pls reply me.
25th June 2010, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

i m a physically challenged person and having govt. service.. i want to know about the benefits proposed to ph servicemens in govt.
28th June 2010, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

hello ,
i am a physically challenged student i got admission in nit bhopal , my financiall condition is not good ,we come under BPL kindly help me that is there is any facility regarding fees.
29th June 2010, 09:26 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello ,
i am a physically challenged student i got admission in nit bhopal , my financiall condition is not good ,we come under BPL kindly help me that is there is any facility regarding fees.

Every year basically in the month mid-July National Minority Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) of India. Awards Merit cum Means scholarship, Easy Educational Loan @ 4% interest and many more types of financial Aid to students belonging from Minority community or Physically Challenged.

Priority is given to students those who have cracked entrance exam like- IITJEE, AIEEE, CAT, etc......... and want to study technical courses like- Engineering, medical, MBA,MCA etc.

India government has provided the NMDFC facility in state level in all state and union territory of india.Which remains under state government with repective state names.

For exampl:- West Bengal government has West Bengal Minority Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) (http://www.wbmdfc.org/) etc.....

So, get intouch with your states Minority Development & Finance Corporation. If cant find then better meet the MLA or MP or Councellor of your area.

But Loan or Scholarship will not be sanstioned unless you have taken admission to respective institute, because you have to submit whole proof of being Minority or PH na dthat you have taken admission into particular institute.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
First of all visit NMDFC official website:- http://www.nmdfc.org/
29th June 2010, 11:01 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What are the various benefits Government gives to physically challenged students?

dear friend

i m quite unclear about the reservation of seats in GOVT. engineering ,medical or other universities .

but u will find reservations 4 physically challenged students i various GOVT.sector jobs.

u can apply 4 them.

all the best.
30th June 2010, 03:55 PM
amit.2186

Dear friend, for physically handicapped students govt. provides various benefits some of them are:-
1.Reservation in the govt and private colleges for admission into UG or PG courses
2.Concession in the railways resevation ticket.
3.Age of the physically handicapped student is also considered.
4.Resrvation of jobs in govt and public sectors Organizations.
30th June 2010, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

does there is any government regulation for relaxation of marks in eligibility criteria of jobs for physically handicapped person?
30th June 2010, 10:47 PM
bholag

Dear friend,
most of the government colleges have few percentage of sit reserved physically challenged students.they give scholarship to physically challenged students and helps in every matter.
reserved sits in engineering colleges,medical colleges
The fee for form like IITJEE,AIEEE cost less for physically challenged students.
23rd July 2010, 10:51 AM
s.k.singh

All government Entrance or Jobs atc. have relaxation of 5 years in age limit and atleast 5% in aggregate.

If anyorganisation does not follows the previlledege power given to PH for there welfare

it will be consudered as Punish able offence.Some private organisations
30th July 2010, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

is there any relaxation of duty hours for physically handicapped people?
12th August 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

name the universities from where a person can do LLB in two years instead of three years
15th August 2010, 09:28 AM
Anmol Shaha

Thumbs up Re: What are the various benefits Government gives to physically challenged students?

Pls tell me abt IIT plsplsplsplsplspls i had to know it for my brother please smi tell only about iit and also mention th suitable site thank u
17th August 2010, 02:05 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmol Shaha View Post
Pls tell me abt IIT plsplsplsplsplspls i had to know it for my brother please smi tell only about iit and also mention th suitable site thank u

Hey dear what actually you want to ask is un-understandable to me.

However, IIT stands for "Indian Institute of Technology" which is a Reputed and Autonomous Engineering and science and MBA Institute of India,(IIT madras has 5 years integrated MA Program also) which has been established by a special law enforcement of creating a world class institute like every country has one of its own kind. Likewise MIT is for Manchester, Harvard, Oxford etc. are there similarly IIT id for India.

The first IIT established in 1951 it was IIT, Kharaghpur. A famous British build Jail where many freedom fighter has prisoned was transformed into an aotunomous institute.

Slowly IIT strenght becomes to 8 and at present there are total 15 IIT's In India.

IIT's has excellent, Faculty, High-Tech Labs (lagre section of lab equipments are exported from Japan) placement, Best Minded Students, Innovators and all which makes it a World class Innstitute.

So, every Engineering Aspirant dreams of getting there. Every year LAcs of students appear for it entrance IITJEE, IITJAM etc. but only hanful able to crack it and get there.

Lets see what Other Eminent Personalities of World think about IIT.

"And it's hard to think of anything like IIT anywhere in the world. It is a very unique institution." (Bill Gates, Microsoft)

"Per capita, IIT has produced more millionaires than any other undergraduate institution." (Salon Magazine)

"The process for selection is absolutely draconian." (McKinsey)

Well, go through the official websites of few IIT's

IIT,Kharaghpur: http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/

IIT, Bombay:http://www.iitb.ac.in/

IIT, Delhi: http://www.iitd.ac.in/

IIT, Madras:http://www.iitm.ac.in/

IIT, Roorkee:http://www.iitr.ac.in/

IIT, Guwahati:http://www.iitg.ac.in/

IIT, KAnpur: http://www.iitk.ac.in/

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 17th August 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: editting
17th August 2010, 10:54 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi frnd ...gov. can give 5% reserve seats in any competitive eam,scholarships.
17th August 2010, 01:34 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend

The jobs in government sectors and in some of the private software cos like

TCS, Wipro, RRDonnlley are also giving preferences. If you like to opt the

public sector any jobs other than defence services and police services ,there

is no question of benefits available! You should explore your need and then

try to find the privilege that govt. has provided. If you have some specific

query in any field you can reply again mentioning that.
17th August 2010, 05:32 PM
danveer

Quote:
there are many facility provide by the govt to the physicaly challanged people like.1 there is age relaxation given to such students
2. relaxation given to the marks scored in 12th or graduation
3 special reservation quota is there
you will also take benifit of them
17th August 2010, 09:10 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

there are beneficial as according to govt . vacancy some seat are get reserve for the physically handicap student so get beneficial as per requirement
18th August 2010, 10:21 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
You have not mentioned the field in which you want to know the relaxation ....

So please provide us the full and complete information regarding your question....

All the best
19th August 2010, 01:21 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friends,

See , now a days physically challenged students not need to worry, as govt. of India give lots of facility to physically challenged students.

there are some seat reserved for PH students almost in every entrance exam like, AIEEE,JEE etc.

in job sector also some seats are reserved for PH students.. there are some relaxation in age also..

so u not need to worry..

good luck..
21st August 2010, 05:04 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

better think in govt job such as:
good facility.
salary pakage is so good.
life time and secure jobs.
transport facility is also good
good luck
25th August 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi please answer one query its Request and Urgent.

If there is 5% reservation for PH in bank exam what does that mean that we can apply for only that 5% or if we score good marks then we will be selected as general.
please tell as I want to apply so shall I apply for PH or general
27th August 2010, 01:39 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:

If there is 5% reservation for PH in bank exam what does that mean that we can apply for only that 5% or if we score good marks then we will be selected as general.

No dear there is no such thing that if you are scoring well then you will be treated as general candidate.

If you are a PH candidate then just appear under PH category, because reservation has been made for your welfare, as many relaxations are associated with it.

If you are a PH candidate you can appear for that 5% reserved seats. But it not mandatory that PH candidate cn only appear under PH reservation. They can even appear under general category provided that they are satisfying all criterias for being a general candidate, mean- aggegate, age, etc.

Even if PH would able to TOP then entrance your PH label will not be taken for you., then also you will be considered as PH one.

Let me explain you.

Suppose, SBI has 100 vacant positions, out of which 5% (means 5 seats) are reserved for PH and rest are for General candidates. Now even if 100 general candidates cadidates are successfully qualifing the whole recruitment process and only 1 person is qualifing from PH side then the remaining 4 seats will not be filled my general candidates it will remain vacant.

Means if you are PH candidate and qualifing all the minimum requirements for job then you will be provided entry, under 5% reserved for you.

PH candidates have various types of relaxation aggregate relaxation, age relaxation, etc.

But if PH candidate who is successfully passing all the stage but wont able to produce PH documents then he will be treated as general candidate, and in that situation all the relaxations will be taken from him and will be treated as general one.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
27th August 2010, 04:34 AM
charli

Dear friend,

you can get following advantage...

if you want to join In any college then you will get following advantage

1.Quota in seats
2.Scholarship for higher education
3.Relaxation of fees by government .

in any govt. Services you will get following advantage...

1.Age relaxation benefit for service.
2.Quota for various post under state and central govenment.
3.Relaxation in various fees like entrance exam fees.

best of luck.
27th August 2010, 07:23 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:

When you belong to any category specially like PH you must apply under this category only as the bank will make recruitment accordingly.
You must apply in your category and you must not be treated as a general category.
You will avail the benefit of the reservation provided by the government in recruitment.
In general category there is huge number of candidates and tough competeion. If you are very good enough you can easily score high and get selected.
27th August 2010, 10:56 AM
ajay barik

hi friend
dont think that u r physically challenged . you are the special one that has been made by god.......you can make a example for this society............there are opportunity
in education sector and in service sector.that means special reservation for u........
good luck!!
27th August 2010, 03:13 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
lots of benifit provided by the govt. for handicaps
they got quota in all govt job ,study and also tour and travels
everywhere where is a govt there is quota for handicaps
30th August 2010, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY RELAXATION IN DUTY HOURS FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AS IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO TRAVEL DURING PEAK HOURS
12th September 2010, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

physically handicapped persons need more jobs opportunity then thy become independent even in financially
14th September 2010, 05:12 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
your brother got 3%reservation in iit,nit,and other government colleges.
first you should hard labour,then you can see reservation.because if you are not mentally disturb,then you can do hard labour and can do good scoring in any entrance.
not feel bad,because i am a also physically handicapped student and i am doing b.tech.
good luck...........
15th September 2010, 02:16 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

government offers many quotas for physically challenged people .

In the field of education:

1.Reservation of seat for the physically challenged people in various colleges .

2.various scholarship offered for physically challenged people .

job sector

1.reservation for various government job (IAS, CBI etc)

2.less form price for various exam.

note: physically challenged people also get relaxation in railway fare.

best of luck
15th September 2010, 08:48 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

government offers many quotas for physically challenged people .

In the field of education:

1.Reservation of seat for the physically challenged people in various colleges .

2.various scholarship offered for physically challenged people .

job sector

1.reservation for various government job (IAS, CBI etc)

2.less form price for various exam.

note: physically challenged people also get relaxation in railway fare.

best of luck
18th September 2010, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am working as a engineer in state govt. office. being physically handicapped I am eligible for promotion under reserve quota.But my dept. has not maintained any roster,it is very difficult to obtaine the point of reservtion. so I kindly request to help me in this case.
20th September 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

please tell me is there any chance to take two scholorships at a one academic year
please your answer to [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?