22nd March 2011, 01:30 PM
Aksingh7

What's the career for a commerce student in Air Force after 12th?

what is career in air force for commerce student after 10+2?
send details..

24th March 2012, 10:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What's the career for a commerce student in Air Force after 12th?

Hi

IAF - Indian Air Force

If you wish to apply for the IAF, then you have to sit for the NDA - National Defense Academy entrance examination.

This is an All India Entrance which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of April and August.

Now as you say you are a commerce student, I am really sorry to say that Commerce students can only apply for the Indian Army wing of the NDA.

You cannot apply for the Air Force not Indian Navy until you had studied Science Stream specifically Physics and Maths subjects.

You can go for your graduation and later on apply for the CDS examination i.e Civil Defense Services.

If you want more information on this later on , Please Click Here to visit the Official UPSC website.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
24th March 2012, 11:15 PM
biswarup.jackon14

Smile Re: What's the career for a commerce student in Air Force after 12th?

Hey Dude,

To get in to INDIAN AIR FORCE you need to Apply for NDA exam.NDA stands for National Defence Acadamy.This exam is conducte twice every year .To apply for NDA exam you need to pass 10+2 with physic and maths subjects.You need to be physically fit in respect of eye sight etc...Your age need to be in between 19 to 23 years.

The application forms will be available inthe months of April and September.Test will be conducted in the month of August and November.If you want to apply offline then you can obtain the form from head office @ 20 RS /-

To apply for this exam online visitthe official website :- www.upsconline.nic.in

Al the best to you……
25th March 2012, 12:11 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What's the career for a commerce student in Air Force after 12th?

dear friend,

http://lmcresult.com/showthread.php?tid=1255

Yes you can join surely to IAF ( Indian Air Force ) after 12th. As you are studing in B.Tech 2nd year. So I think at first complete it then join to IAF and it will be beneficial to you also. Besides this your percentage is till now is so good that you can get a good job in IAF after B.Tech.

There are generally three branches and for these three branches there are three different eligible criteria.The three department are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Technical Branch,
3. Ground Duty Branch.

The selection procedure are consist of two types which are :

1. AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and
2. Air Force Selection Boards(AFSB) .

Official website of Indian Air Force is given below :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

~regards~
priyo
25th March 2012, 01:28 AM
sachin170490

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjeet250490 View Post
Hi

IAF - Indian Air Force

If you wish to apply for the IAF, then you have to sit for the NDA - National Defense Academy entrance examination.

This is an All India Entrance which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of April and August.

Now as you say you are a commerce student, I am really sorry to say that Commerce students can only apply for the Indian Army wing of the NDA.

You cannot apply for the Air Force not Indian Navy until you had studied Science Stream specifically Physics and Maths subjects.

You can go for your graduation and later on apply for the CDS examination i.e Civil Defense Services.

If you want more information on this later on , Please Click Here to visit the Official UPSC website.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Hi Ranjeet, sorry to say but you are wrong that a commerce student can not apply for Indian Air Force(AIF). According to AIF official website, for Group 'Y' Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with science, arts, commerce subjcets with minimum 50% marks. For more detail visit this link.
http://indianairforce.nic.in/
25th March 2012, 01:39 AM
sachin170490

sorry to say but there are little jobs for commerce student in Indian Air Force (IAF). In IAF mostly jobs available for physics & mathematics student. But commerce, art and science without mathematics students can only apply for Group 'Y' jobs.. For more information visit this link
http://indianairforce.nic.in/
25th March 2012, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know i am eligible for sbi clerk exam n i am scored 59.8% marks in 10 2 n general caste
25th March 2012, 01:53 PM
krishna76743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksingh7 View Post
what is career in air force for commerce student after 10+2?
send details..
First of all i will like to congratulate you that you are thinking of trying for joining Air Force.Though for science field students the opportunities are more in the Air Force,but then too there are jobs for commerce field students also.

A commerce student can apply for the logistics section.

So all the best.
3rd May 2012, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

I am bechlor in commerce..can I join airforce in management field?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?