29th November 2019, 06:02 PM
bmkr@25

From where and how can I do a course in Archaeology after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

I am studying B.Tech Civil Engineering now. I want to become an Archaeologist. But, I don't know how and which are course to do and from where?

30th November 2019, 03:26 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: From where and how can I do a course in Archaeology after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

No. After completion of B.E.(Civil Engineering), you can't pursue postgraduate course in archaeology.

Postgraduate Course In Archaeology and Eligibility
- M.A (Archaeology)
- M.Sc (Archaeology)

Eligibility
You must have passed B.A. or B.Sc in Archaeology or Ancient History with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
30th November 2019, 05:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where and how can I do a course in Archaeology after B.Tech Civil Engineering?

You can pursue MA in archeology after btech if you are interested. Admission to Masters program are done on the basis of interviews and some universities also take students on the basis of state level entrance exams.

Top universities:

University Of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.

Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.

Nagaland University, Kohima, Nagaland.

Tamil Nadu University, Tamil Nadu.
2nd December 2019, 06:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The basic requirements to pursue bachelors courses are candidates must have passed 12th standard from any stream.
For Masters courses students must have bachelor's degree in the relevant field like archaeology, Indian history culture, anthropology etc.

Archaeology colleges in India:-
Shivaji University, Maharashtra
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Indira Gandhi National Open University, Madhya Pradesh
University of Madras, Chennai
Vishva Bharati University, West Bengal Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?