18th January 2019, 02:05 AM
Shellys

Whether a candidate considered NRI to study in India if his parents are staying in USA on temporary assignment?

Hi, I am staying in USA along with my husband and son on a temporary assignment from the past two years. We want to admit our son in a boarding school in India. I would like to know that my son would come under NRI student however we belongs to India?

19th March 2019, 01:15 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate considered NRI to study in India if his parents are staying in USA on temporary assignment?

As per the plan provisions to be a Non resident Indian, if you are not living in India for 182 or more days then you are considered an NRI.
Anybody who is residing outside of India for an uncertain period this is could be due to any reason like job, vacation or anybody who works on ship.

As per this, you will be considered NRI as you and your family is not living in India for more than 182 days.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?