26th July 2018, 04:10 AM
Unregistered

Whether Diploma Computer Engineering is equivalent to BSc(Computer Science) course?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th and joined Diploma course in Computer Engineering. I am doing 3 years Diploma course. I just want to know that is it equivalent to BSc program of Computer Science? Please help me to know about this asap.

31st July 2018, 10:38 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma Computer Engineering is equivalent to BSc(Computer Science) course?

** As per my knowledge, no Diploma Computer Engineering is not equivalent to B.Sc(Computer Science) course.

** B.Sc. Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is an undergraduate Computer Science Course.

** Diploma in Computer Science and Technology is a Diploma level Information Technology course
31st July 2018, 10:06 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether Diploma Computer Engineering is equivalent to BSc(Computer Science) course?

No both the degree is not equivalent and candidate passed B.Sc in Computer Science is equivalent to bachelor degree qualification and which is not as diploma course.

With diploma qualification you are not eligible to apply for the examination where required qualification is bachelor degree.
31st July 2018, 11:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is not same as Bachelor qualification. So, diploma in Computer Science is not same as the bachelor degree in Computer Science.
1st August 2018, 12:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Although you have done diploma course after the 12th but it is not as equivalent to the degree course which is also offered after the 12th.

As per qualification bachelor degree is higher degree then diploma course. In some of the examination and jobs the required qualification is diploma then bachelor degree in science is not a sufficient qualification to appear in examination.

So, generally diploma has its own importance as compared to the bachelor course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?