28th July 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for jobs in Government and Banking Sectors for BCom student of an Open University?

Hi friends, I am doing my BCom Honours from an Open University. After that I want to apply for jobs in Government as well as Banking Sectors. I just want to know that after completing my Graduation I am eligible to apply for jobs in these sectors?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Government and Private jobs through BCom(H) course of Open University?
  2. Fee structure of BCom(Banking Management) in Tamil Nadu Open University?
  3. What type of government exam I can apply for after completion of B.Com Graduation?
  4. Whether Online MBA is available for diploma holders? Is it acceptable in Government, Private and Banking sectors?
  5. How many BCom(Banking Management) seats are available in Tamil Nadu Open University?
  6. Job Opportunities after completion of B.Com course? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to get a job after completing B.Com degree?
  8. Graduation at distance education from netaji subhash open university UGC approved
  9. Graduation at distance education from netaji subhash open university UGC approved
  10. Will I be able to get a good job after scoring 56% in B.Tech and 70% in M.Tech?
  11. What are the various government jobs which we can get after completion of B.Tech course?
  12. How can I apply for government tourism jobs or Maharashtra Tourism job in government sectors?
  13. How to get a job after passing MCA and Mainframes course? Best placement consultancy which can help me to get a job in IT?
  14. Admission procedure to study BCom(Banking Management) in Tamil Nadu Open University?
  15. What are the jobs in government sector after B.E ECE? How can i apply for the jobs?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for applying Government jobs? Will I get the government job after completion of B.Sc course?
  17. Job Opportunities in Banking and other sectors for a Graduate with 3rd Division?
  18. Course structure and duration of BCom(Banking Management) in Tamil Nadu Open University?
31st July 2018, 03:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for jobs in Government and Banking Sectors for BCom student of an Open University?

The common eligibility to appear for banking recruitment examination is that candidate :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Age limit varies with examination.

The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.

So, if you have degree from a recongised university then you will be eligible to appear in examination.
31st July 2018, 03:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for jobs in Government and Banking Sectors for BCom student of an Open University?

Yes you are eligible for government jobs as well as banking sector jobs after completing graduation from Commerce stream.
Stream does not matters.
Some of the government jobs as well as banks for which you are eligible are as follows:-
SSC
MTS
Railways
LIC
GIC
NIACL
GIACL
Civil Services
ICICI Bank
HDFC Bank
IBPS
SBI

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
Age should be 21 years to 30 years.
31st July 2018, 04:13 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The degree of a recognised open university is valid and candidates with the degree are eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in different jobs as well as in banking jobs.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. The age limit is not common for all the examination. Candidates have to appear and qualify in written and interview stages for final selection.

For more information log on www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
31st July 2018, 11:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed the bachelor degree from a recognised open university then you are eligible to appear in banking examination and for other government jobs.

The common eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Age limit varies with examination.

You have to appear and qualify in the examination for final selection.
1st August 2018, 12:38 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Commerce candidate from open university can apply for various exams if their university is approved by University Grants Commission.

You can apply for exams like:

IBPS CWE exam for Clerk and Probationary officer exam.

SSC CGL and CAPF exam.

Civil Services examination.

UPSC CAPF exam.

RRB exam for ALP and Locpilot.
1st August 2018, 12:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, degree of an open university is valid and candidates are eligible to appear in various recruitment examination if it is a recognised university.

There are numerous open university such as IGNOU, Nalanda Open University etc. So, if you have passed the bachelor degree from a recognised university you can apply for the examination and appear in the recruitment examination.

Some of the recruitment examination are :- SSC CGL, IBPS, SBI PO, CDS etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?