11th January 2018, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Whether Maths is compulsory for Fashion Designing at NIFT or not?

Is mathematics necessary for Fashion Designer? I'm in 12 from Arts stream and I have Physical, Political, History, English and Hindi. So after 12 can I join Fashion Designing at NIFT?

Related Questions:
  1. Is maths subject important for fashion designing?
  2. Minimum percentage required in 12th to appear for NIFT? Is maths subject compulsory for Fashion designing?
  3. Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Possibility to join NIFT to study Fashion Designing course if studying with Commerce stream? List of Fashion Designing courses for me?
  5. Steps to be taken after tenth to join Fashion Designing course? Names of institutions for it?
  6. Fee structure for fashion designing at NIFT, Bangalore
  7. Difference between Bachelor of Fashion Designing and Bachelor of Fashion Technology?
  8. How to do Bachelor course in fashion designing from NIFT? I have completed 12th this year
  9. B.Sc final year student is eligible for NIFT? In Andhra pradesh how many fashion designing colleges are there?
  10. How to join fashion designing after passing commerce?
  11. Which group should I take in 11 std to become a fashion designer
  12. How to do fashion designing from NIFT? What is the qualification for it? Which designing course should I do?
  13. Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Fashion Designer from NIFT?
  14. How can I join Fashion Designing course after BBA? Is it necessary to qualify NIFT?
  15. What should I do to become a fashion designer after completion of 10th standard?
  16. How to study Diploma in Fashion Designing course from NIFT? -- [New]
  17. Detailed information about different types of Fashion Designing courses
  18. Information about the courses in fashion designing in NIFT? What is the fee structure and duration?
12th January 2018, 09:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Maths is compulsory for Fashion Designing at NIFT or not?

NIFT refers to National Institute of Fashion Technology and same is regarded as the top institutes for pursuing designing degree courses.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NIFT entrance examination for pursuing bachelor degree in designing to be an fashion designer having completed your Class 12th academics in Arts stream then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as stream of academics does not matters for appearing in NIFT entrance examination apart from offering admission in technical degree course in designing.

Apart from educational qualification, for appearing in NIFT entrance examination your age need to lie under 23 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Further there is provision of age relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD).

For more details and update regarding NIFT entrance test you can refer to the link www.nift.ac.in .
13th January 2018, 01:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have Mathematics as main paper in 12th std to appear in NIFT entrance examination.

NIFT conduct entrance test for admission in bachelor degree course for candidates who have completed 12th.

You are eligible to appear in entrance test of B.Des course. The eligibility to appear in it is that candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from any recognised board.

So, you can prepare for entrance examination to get admission in course. For any other doubt or information about NIFT visit at www.nift.ac.in.
13th January 2018, 04:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not compulsory for Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing. Students of any discipline can apply for NIFT exam for admission in B.Des course.

Arts stream candidates are eligible for Fashion designing at NIFT. Mathematics is necessary for Bachelor of Fashion Technology.
13th January 2018, 07:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Mathematics is not necessary for Bachelor of Fashion Designing course.

In case of National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance examination, PCM candidates are eligible for Bachelor of Fashion Technology and non science stream students are eligible for B.Des course.

Arts stream candidates are eligible for Bachelor of Designing course.
29th June 2019, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of science stream, but I want to pursue B. Des, so can I apply there? And do the entrance exam for B F.Tech and B.Des both are taken separately?
13th August 2019, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is suitable for fashion designing after crossing 10th??maths or arts....
16th December 2019, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is perfect for fashion designing after 10???
30th March 2020, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

I am the studying bachelor of business administration. I am in 2nd year rightnow...can i apply for the form of entrance exam of fashion designing?
30th March 2020, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for the entrance exam of fashion designing during my bachelor studies?
8th April 2020, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Can i know the subjects in bachelor of fashion technology and subjects in bachelor of design???
14th June 2020, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

I am now in 12th and I took commerce with computer. So is maths necessary for taking B. Des?
19th July 2020, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

which stream should i take to pursue b.tech fashion technology in nift
4th August 2020, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

For taking addmission in bftech passing marks are required in maths or only physics and chemistry are required?
16th August 2020, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Date of entrance exam for this year for nift?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?