19th April 2017, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Whether my Son is eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 5 years?

Respected Sir, My Son is 5 years old now and he is in UKG from CBSE affiliated School, I want to know whether my Son is eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 5 years? Please answer as soon as possible.

19th April 2017, 07:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my Son is eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 5 years?

According to my knowledge minimum age criteria for admission in junior section is 2.5 years. As per minimum criteria 5 years for admission in class 1 is sufficient.
But different school have different criteria and no any fixed age criteria.
19th April 2017, 07:46 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether my Son is eligible to get admission in class 1 at the age of 5 years?

CBSE didn't declared any age criteria for admission in any class. It is decided by the directorates of state government.

So only the school can tell you whether your son is eligible for class 1 or not. Thanks
19th April 2017, 11:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education and same is one of the three central board of education which offers education upto higher secondary school level in English medium with its school all around India and other abroad too.

As far as you are concerned about the age criteria for admission in Class 1 of a CBSE affiliated school then I would like to let you know that CBSE does not have specific age requirements for admission is each classes rather its has a age criteria for appearing in Class 10th board examination which is that the minimum age of student must be at least 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she is pursuing his/her Class 10th.

So being 5 years old your son is eligible for admission in Class 1 as he would take 9 years from now to pursue his Class 10th which means his age will be as per the age requirement for CBSE Class 10th board examination.

For details about FAQs related to CBSE curriculum and academics you can refer to its official link www.cbse.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?