11th February 2018, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Whether passing 12th board exam is mandatory for appearing AFCAT exam or not?

I have complete my Diploma and degree in Electronics and Telecommunications but not 10+2. After 10th I directly entered into Diploma course after which I did my degree course. Now I want to appear for AFCAT so wants to know whether I'm eligible or not?

21st February 2018, 05:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether passing 12th board exam is mandatory for appearing AFCAT exam or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have complete my Diploma and degree in Electronics and Telecommunications but not 10+2. After 10th I directly entered into Diploma course after which I did my degree course. Now I want to appear for AFCAT so wants to know whether I'm eligible or not?
AFCAT exam stand for Air Force Common admission Test. The AFCAT 2018 exam is held twice a year in the months of February and August.

AFCAT EXAM Eligibility, 2018 - For Flying Branch (Short Service Commission) and NCC Special Entry

- Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination

- Secured 60% marks each in Physics and Maths in 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized Board Or secured 60% marks in B.E or B.Tech degree from recognized institute.

- Candidate age should be between 20 and 24 years as on 1st Jan,2019.

Since, you have not done your 10+2, therefore you are not applicable for AFCAT exam, 2018. It is essential for all the candidates to pass 12th with Maths and Physics with 60% minimum from recognized board.
21st February 2018, 09:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether passing 12th board exam is mandatory for appearing AFCAT exam or not?

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for AFCAT examination. To apply for AFCAT exam, minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree. You should pursue bachelor's degree in technology to become eligible for AFCAT exam.

Recruitment to different branches of Air Force is done through Air Force Common Admission Test.
21st February 2018, 11:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria:

Only Graduates or final year graduation candidates are eligible for this examination.

Nationality: Indian

Only unmarried candidate can apply for this exam.

No, you are not eligible for this exam.
22nd February 2018, 08:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

AFCAT refers to Air force Common Admission Test and same examination is held for recruitment of officials in Indian Air force in its technical, flying and ground duty branches.

As far as concerned about the eligibility of diploma in engineering degree holder for appearing in AFCAT then I would like to let you know that diploma degree holders are not eligible for appearing in AFCAT as only higher secondary school degree holder's can apply for AFCAT.

For FAQs related to AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?