25th April 2016, 01:40 PM
harshita vaid

Why are girls not allowed to join NDA even though they are more mature than boys?

Please tell me that why the girls are not allowed to join NDA? The girls are more mentally mature than the boys at the age of 16 to 19 then whats the problem?

2nd May 2016, 05:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why are girls not allowed to join NDA even though they are more mature than boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshita vaid View Post
Please tell me that why the girls are not allowed to join NDA? The girls are more mentally mature than the boys at the age of 16 to 19 then whats the problem?
Defence Exam, NDA is organized by UPSC every year for unmarried male candidates only.

Maturity is not the basis on which they are declared to be ineligible for NDA Exam.

Actually, UPSC has defined eligibility criteria on the basis of which only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for this exam.

Also, the age of the candidate must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Additionally, the candidates who are 12th passed or appearing can appear for NDA Exam.
3rd May 2016, 02:47 PM
narim.

Default Re: Why are girls not allowed to join NDA even though they are more mature than boys?

There might be several reasons for which the girls are not allowed for NDA Exam. We are not sure of those reasons. Only UPSC will aware of it as UPSC will prescribe the eligibility criteria for NDA Exam.

We will only follow the notification that UPSC releases and as per that if we are eligible, then we apply for NDA Exam.

What I am thinking is, there are physical tests to get jobs in NDA which girls may not fulfill.

This might be the reason why girls are not allowed to join NDA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?