13th November 2011, 12:02 PM
ronita69

Will I come under NRI category for admission in engineering colleges? I am a student of Indian school in saudi arabia and want to do my 10th and 12th from navi mumbai. May I get domicile of mumbai, My parents and me both were born in Mumbai?

I am a student in an indian school in saudi arabia. For the last 6 years I am in saudi. I am trying to find admission in navimumbai for class 9 so that i complete my 10th and 12th in navimumbai. If i am able to complete in navi mumbai do i come under NRE category for engineering college in mumbai/navi mumbai. Will i get a domicile certificate as my parents are born in mumbai and i was born in navi mumbai except the last 6 years i am out of navi mumbai. Is it possible to get a domicile. Do my parents have to take a domicile first and then me. How long does it take to get a domicile certificate.

If i donot get admission for class 9th in navi mumbai i complete my 10th in saudi and 11th and 12th in navimumbai do i still come under nre category, can i appear for MH CET and get admission in engineering college in mumbai and will i get a domicile certificate.

Please help me as my parents are finding it difficult to decide.

Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Domicile certificate necessary for admission? I've born in Airoli(Navi Mumbai) and have completed my studies in Navi Mumbai, Now I wish to do Automobile Engineering
  2. Is domicile certificate necessary for admission in F.Y.B.E Automobile?
  3. Admission in schools of Mumbai is possible for student from Saudi Arabia? -- [New]
  4. Admission to Government Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu after passing 10th standard from Saudi Arabia?
  5. Procedure to get domicile of Maharashtra to study further in Mumbai for 10th student of Abu Dhabi?
  6. Is domicile certificate neceesary for taking admission in B.Tech degree with automobile engineering stream?
  7. Am I eligible to write CET exam for engineering? I am an NRI from Saudi Arabia
  8. What documents to be submitted by an NRI for getting admission to Engineering Colleges in Mumbai? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is there any chance of getting admission in engineering colleges in Mumbai after scoring 81 marks in MHCET?
  10. How can one apply for domicile of Maharashtra state?
  11. How to get admissions in Tamilnadu medical collleges after passing 10th standard in Saudi Arabia
  12. List of engineering colleges which take admission through AIEEE in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai?
  13. Which are the diploma engineering colleges available in and around Mumbai and Navi Mumbai? Cutoff percentage for admission?
  14. Is Domicile certificate required for doing MMS from Mumbai university? She has done 10th std(CBSE) from Dubai
  15. Government colleges in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai? What is the fee structure and the cutoff score?
  16. AICTE approved colleges at Navi Mumbai for B.Tech/B.E in Electrical?
  17. What are the documents required to take admission through MHT CET?
  18. List of various entrance exams for Engineering streams like IITs ,NITs and other esteem colleges after completing 12th? List of few good JR colleges in Navi Mumbai? What's the admission procedure for the same?
18th July 2012, 10:38 AM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: Will I come under NRI category for admission in engineering colleges? I am a student of Indian school in saudi arabia and want to do my 10th and 12th from navi mumbai. May I get domicile of mumbai, My parents and me both were born in Mumbai?

Hi frend,
Domecile is isued for the proof of nationality. You may get the same easily from Mumbai provided you have not accepted nationality of any other nation. You can get domeciled in the state of maharashtra by birth. You will require one of your family members domecile if you are minor or below the age of 18 year.

Good luck
4th March 2014, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I come under NRI category for admission in engineering colleges? I am a student of Indian school in saudi arabia and want to do my 10th and 12th from navi mumbai. May I get domicile of mumbai, My parents and me both were born in Mumbai?

I was working in thane since 1991 to 2001 (10 years) and then came to saudi arabia in 2001 and still working here .purchased flat in Thane in Nov 14. my son's birth place West Bengle ( birth date 1/4/ 1996) and studying saudi arabia since 2001 till date. let me know whether he is eligible for domicile certificate of Maharastra.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?