27th May 2012, 12:06 AM
vikash bond

Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

sir, i will probably get 75marks in aieee and i belong to sc catogary. Will I get admission in any NIT college? If yes then possibly which branch?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?
  2. What is the minimum marks in JEE mains to get admission in branch of NIT?
  3. Can I get admission in NIT after scoring 5315 AIR in GATE? Which college can i get for admission in M.Tech?
  4. Should I take admission or wait for NIT's merit list ?I have got a call from NIT Jalandhar EC branch
  5. What rank can I expect after scoring 140 in AIEEE? For which colleges will I be eligible?
  6. Which college is better NIT Hamirpur or NIT Durgapur?
  7. Will I get admission in NIT Uttarakhand in CS branch after scoring 81819 AIR?
  8. Can I get admission in NIT after scoring 210 in GATE?
  9. How much rank is required for admission in NIT Raipur in B.Arch and Civil engineering? Which branch is good?
  10. What's the GATE cut-off score for computer science branch in NIT Jaipur?
  11. Can I get admission in CS branch in Raipur NIT after scoring 47829 AIR and state rank of 519? Which other branches can I get int Raipur NIT or any other NIT?
  12. Can I get admission in any NIT after scoring 106 score in JEE mains? Which branch can I get?
  13. Can I get NIT college after scoring 130903 in AIEEE in SC category? In which college can I get and what type of branch?
  14. Admission in any NIT after scoring 59545 AIR in AIEEE and 2686 state rank in OBC?
  15. What rank do I need to secure for getting admission in NIT, Raipur with civil or mechanical stream?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch? -- [New]
  17. Which are the AIEEE colleges that I can get after scoring greater than 3000 rank in AIEEE?
  18. Are IITs and NITs the same? -- [Most Discussed]
27th May 2012, 10:56 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

Hi

AIEEE is the Entrance Exam which is conducted by the CBSE every year in the month of April to select candidates for the B.Tech courses in various colleges across the country.

As you may know that the AIEEE paper consists of 90 questions of 4 marks each which makes the maximum marks to 360.

So basically out of 360, you are expecting marks around 75 marks. Also you have mentioned that you belong to the SC category.

Now whatever I say, I am not exactly sure since the results of the AIEEE are not out yet. I would be giving the feedback on the past years data. 75 marks is too low when you compare it on All India basis. However since you have a quota and every NIT has the seats reserved for the SC/ST/OBC's so you will definitely benefit from this provision.

With 75 marks you would get an All India rank of around 40000 - 60000. Within this rank I am very sure you will not get ANY government college even if you are an SC/ST.
This is because these days a large number of SC/ST's also apply for the AIEEE exam and so for these reserved caste people also the competition is getting tougher day by day.

Suppose you even get a seat in some NIT, you will not get the courses you really wish to study. You may get chemical engineering or IT, etc.. which are not the best of the courses.

I would only say keep your fingers crossed till the results are out. You never know this year the cutoffs may get low and you can get a better luck.

Please refer to the AIEEE Information Bulletin 2012.

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIEEE 2012 Information Brochure.pdf(399.3 KB, 46 views)
27th May 2012, 11:20 PM
denwer

Smile Re: Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash bond View Post
sir, i will probably get 75marks in aieee and i belong to sc catogary. Will I get admission in any NIT college? If yes then possibly which branch?

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...

AIEEE is one of the most competitive exams of engineering in India. Nearly more than 10 lakh students appear for this exam every year.

As you will score 75 marks, so it is not going to help you get a seat in top ranking NITs or other colleges. With this matk you can get All India rank of nearly 90,000(Approx.) depending upon your marks in maths, physics and chemistry.

But as you have mentioned that you belong to SC category, i think that you should wait for the later rounds of the ccb counseling.
I personally suggest you to wait for the late rounds of the counseling as there are possibilities of getting into some nice college even NITs..

So, keep patience and do counseling in a proper manner....!!!!

Thank you and all the best...!!
27th May 2012, 11:22 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

Hello Friend,

AIEEE is the Entrance Exam which is conducted by the CBSE every year in the month of April to select candidates for the B.Tech courses in various colleges across the country.

Suppose you even get a seat in some NIT, you will not get the courses you really wish to study. You may get chemical engineering or IT, etc.. which are not the best of the courses.

I would only say keep your fingers crossed till the results are out. You never know this year the cutoffs may get low and you can get a better luck.

Thank You!
28th May 2012, 02:39 AM
cool nitin

Default Re: Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

Dear friend
You will definitely get a rank because you belong to the scheduled class category and with 75 marks in aieee you can get a chance in the durgapur campus with civil and mechanical branches open to you so dont worry
I hope it helps
Happy to help
Thanks and visit again
28th May 2012, 02:40 AM
cool nitin

Default Re: Will I get admission in any NIT college? Which branch will I get?

Dear friend
You will definitely get a rank because you belong to the scheduled class category and with 75 marks in aieee you can get a chance in the durgapur campus with civil and mechanical branches open to you so dont worry
I hope it helps
Happy to help
Thanks and visit again
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?