25th July 2012, 02:05 PM
samiksha deshkar

Will I get admission in direct 2nd year? I have scored 81.74% in 3rd year diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch

I got 81.74% in 3rd year diploma from electronics and telecommunication branch.so,in which government engineering college in maharashtra i will get admission for direct second year.And also give me cutoff list of every government college in maharashtra of year 2011.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure of direct second year admission for Electronics & Telecommunication Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. List of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into second year of B.Tech. after diploma?
  3. Can I get admission in engineering college in direct 2nd year after completing diploma in electronics and tele-communication?
  4. Can I take admission for direct 2nd year electronics and telecommunication after completing computer tech diploma with 58.84 aggregate marks
  5. Names of the colleges in Maharashtra which can give admission to direct 2nd year for electronics and telecommunication engineering after scoring 62% in diploma?
  6. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  7. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch
  8. Can I take direct 2nd year engineering for electronics and telecommunication after completing diploma in computer technology with 58.84% -- [New]
  9. Can I get direct admission to 2nd year diploma in Mumbai after diploma in Electronics?
  10. Cutoff list of all engineering colleges in Nagpur and Amravati University for direct 2nd year engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?
  11. What can I do to get into Robotics having passed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication and pursuing 2nd year of BE in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  12. Which engineering college can I get for direct 2nd year after scoring 62% in electronics and telecommunication
  13. Cutoff list for electronics and telecommunication branch in government engineering college
  14. How to enter in 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering after finishing diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  15. What is the cutoff list of direct 2nd year admission? I am a diploma mechanical engineering 3rd year student
  16. How to take admission in direct 2nd year diploma after completing my HSC Electronics? Procedure and the colleges?
  17. Eligibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(Marine Engineering) if completed diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  18. How to change the college after completing diploma? How to take admission in direct 2nd year?
8th October 2012, 10:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get admission in direct 2nd year? I have scored 81.74% in 3rd year diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch

Yes you can direct admisison for B.Tech course. Unfortunately not all government colleges offer lateral entry therefore you will have to check it with each college and confirm. The process of admission is also quite different for lateral entry.

Lateral Entry is basically for the candidates who have completed either diploma in Engineering or the B.Sc course. Such candidates can take admission in the second year of B.Tech course.

However they would require at least 60 percent in the diplma course to be eligible. This is not going to be any issue for you. Now like I said that not all government colleges offer lateral entry. However such colleges are rare these days. Apart from the IITs there are very few colleges that do not offer lateral entry.

But in any case it is better to check that out before starting the admission process. Mainly each college reserve somewhere around 10 to 15 percent seats for the lateral entry admission.

The process of admission often varies from college to college. There is a entrance exam for lateral entry called LEET which is accepted by various colleges. Other colleges offer admission on the merit while there are few colleges which conducts their own entrance test to give admission to students through lateral entry.

You will have to check these things before taking admission.
8th October 2012, 01:56 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Will I get admission in direct 2nd year? I have scored 81.74% in 3rd year diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiksha deshkar View Post
I got 81.74% in 3rd year diploma from electronics and telecommunication branch.so,in which government engineering college in maharashtra i will get admission for direct second year.And also give me cutoff list of every government college in maharashtra of year 2011.
Dear,

Yes you can take admission in an engineering college in direct second year through lateral entry. For taking lateral entry you need to write following qualifying exams:
  1. LEET
  2. GATE
  3. IITJEE

LEET:
It stands for lateral entry entrance test.These tests are conducted on state level. But some colleges and Universities too conduct Lateral Entry Tests.
Most reputed Engineering Colleges offering LEET admission are:
  1. Punjab University,Chandigarh.
  2. Delhi Engineering College,Delhi.
  3. IP University,Delhi.
  4. Punjabi University,Patiala.
  5. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
  6. KIITS University,Orissa.
  7. Government College of Engineering,Pune.
  8. Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar.
  9. Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
  10. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana.
  11. Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology,Malout.
  12. Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Delhi.

GATE:
You can also write this exam for lateral entry in many reputed engineering colleges in India including IITs.

IIT-JEE:
If you have not wasted all your attempts for it and your age is below 25 years you can write this exam for taking lateral entry in IITs.

Best of luck!
8th October 2012, 02:32 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Default Re: Will I get admission in direct 2nd year? I have scored 81.74% in 3rd year diploma in electronics and telecommunication branch

Hi Aspirant

Well the answer for your question is simply yes you can take admission directly in the 2nd year after attempting the LEET Exam as after attempting the exam you are allowed to sit in the 2nd year of Bachelor of Technology course ..

As most of the universities are allowing the exam Lateral Entry and for attempting the exam you should be pass in the engineering diploma with at least 60% marks ..

And than after that their will be the different pattern of the different colleges and also the marks will play a major role as you will get the college on the basis of your LEET Exam score card .If your marks are good than you will get admission in the good college for sure..

Also one thing that most of the colleges have the provision to take admission of the LEET Exam students and always thousands of the students are appearing in the exam and taking admission through the LEET Exam..

So check the criteria of the college also in which you want to take admission whether they are giving admission through the exam or on the other qualifications ...

Best of luck
13th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 86 % in third year diploma in electronics and communication engineering . Will i get direct second year addmissions in coep or any other government engineering college
20th April 2013, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

I have obtained 90% marks in diploma in mechnical engineering .Will i get direct second year admission in top goverment engineering college on the basis of marks?
please send my answer soon.
25th April 2013, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i have got 55% in diploma in computer engineer and my cast is sc can i get addmission in direct second year engineer college
1st June 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

can i get amission for diploma 2nd year on the basis of hsc
10th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

what is the cut of list of direct 2nd year in sc&obc category in engg. collage?
8th June 2014, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission directly in 2nd year? I hav scored 50% in 12th HSC exam!
13th June 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 72% in 3rd year diploma in computer technology will i get admission in direct 2nd year in government college
1st July 2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in coep college pune in direct 2nd year in civil engineering branch and how much percentage is required... how much vacancy is for direct 2nd year student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?